Aftermath and Quidditch

It's not often that ambrosia and nectar are rendered unnecessary, especially after a monster attack. The Apollo kids would freak if they learned just how quickly Madam Pomfrey healed my injuries. I had multiple broken bones and they were healed almost instantly. She also gave me a lecture about being so reckless.  Harry, Ron and Hermione came in just as she was finishing that lecture. 

"Dora, are you okay?" Hermione asked, sitting on the edge of my bed. 

"Surprisingly, yeah. We have a miracle worker for a nurse." I said. 

"Um," Ron had a weird expression on his face. "Here's your sword. It turned into your necklace." he handed me my apple necklace and I put it on. 

"Look, I'm sure you and Harry are super confused right now, but I promise I will explain everything. Just not right now. Maybe after the Quidditch match tomorrow." I said, not feeling like explaining everything yet. The boys nodded and Madam Pomfrey reluctantly let me go back to Gryffindor tower. 

As we walked back, Harry spoke up. "Good of you to get us out of trouble like that." He said to Hermione. I'm guessing that was a way of saying thank you? I had no idea. 

"Mind you, I mean, we did save her life." Ron said. I looked over at Hermione and she mouthed I'll tell you later

"Mind you," I said in a playful mocking tone, "we wouldn't have had to save her if you hadn't been a jerk and insulted her." I pointed out. Ron blushed and looked at Hermione sheepishly. 

"What are friends for?" This made all four of us smile as we made it back to the dormitory. Apparently, news travels ridiculously fast here as Parvati and Lavender pounced on me and Hermione the moment we walked into the girl's dorm. 

"Oh my gosh, are you two okay?" Lavender gasped. 

"Dora, we heard you were thrown against the wall!" Parvati sounded like a worried mother. I've heard that tone from Silena many times. 

"Guys, we're fine. Pomfrey healed me up in a snap and Hermione's just fine." I assured them before they could get more wounded up. 

"Hermione, are you sure you're okay?" Lavender asked. "Dora told us what happened after Charms class." 

"We even got treats from the feast to cheer you up." Parvati said, pointing to the small pile of treats on top of a napkin. 

"The ones I grabbed are just piles of crumbs right now." I said sheepishly. Hermione just smiled. 

"Thank you guys, but I'm fine. Ron made it up to me." She said. 

"Do you still want to eat sweets and gossip though? We have a free day tomorrow because of Quidditch starting." Lavender said. 

"Sure." Hermione grinned. We all gathered onto mine and Lavender's bed and had a fun little girls night, just trading stories and munching on Halloween sweets and pastries. 

The next day, Hermione and I joined the boys at breakfast. Ron was shoveling food into his mouth like usual but Harry was just playing with his food. Eventually, Ron stopped eating and looked over at Harry. 

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on." He said, trying to convince him to eat. 

"Ron's right Harry. You're going to need your strength today." Hermione reasoned. It's true. It would totally suck if he fainted off his broom from lack of energy because he didn't eat. 

"I'm not hungry." Harry insisted. I was about to open my mouth to object but Snape appeared behind Harry and Hermione. Well, not magically appeared but he was super quiet when he walked up to us.