Chapter - 24

"Julia Aunty why don't you join us for breakfast?" Swara asked while helping Julia to set breakfast table in Granny's room as usual.

"No Swara, I am not hungry. I will just have some orange Juick."

"Just orange juice?" Swara raised her eyebrows.

"Yes because of you only. You come here on weekends and do most of the work. And then nothing remains for me." Julia twitched her nose. She took quick pause and then whispered to Swara, "I am gaining weight these days."

Swara laughed loudly.

"Ohh come on Julia Aunty. Who will say you are gaining weight? Look at you. You will still give complex to any fashion fiesta."

"Silly Girl" Julia hit her on her back.

Sanskar was standing at the doorstep with small smile looking at their banter.

'She can make anyone happy without even trying anything extra.'

His eyes moved to Granny; she was looking something at her iPad. But looking at her flared nose buds he could guess, his grandmother is upset over something.

"Granny come on you can start" Swara pouring juice in her glass.

"Where is your workaholic husband?" Granny asked raising her eyebrows.

"Good morning, Granny"

"Good morning Swara"

"Good morning" Swara replied with smile.

He took a seat between two ladies of his house.

"Granny, what happened? Why are you cursing me in the morning?" he was in teasing mood today.

"What is this?" Granny forwarded iPad to him.

He gave brief and started digging in his breakfast plate.

"It's a stale news Granny."

"Don't you have simple courtesy to tell me this?"

Swara kept on shifting her eyes between two without any context of their discussions.

"Granny you are overreacting." He was careless.

"OVEREACTING! My grandson was awarded with the best businessman award for North America. And you are telling me, that I am overreacting?"

"Wow. Congratulations" Swara wished.

"Did you know about it?" Granny turned her focus to Swara. "I am sure no."

Swara bent her head to withdraw herself from upcoming war between grand mother and her grandson.

"So, when is the award function?"

"It's on Tuesday"

"Swara you should go for shopping now. Go and make your husband bank corrupt because he hid such a big news from all of us."

"Why Granny?" she became confused.

"Oh, my Child he got award because of you only."

"Excuse me Granny. How have I got award because of her? It's all my hard work." He was back to his self-centered nature.

"Because she is an understanding wife. If she was crabby wife, would you have been able to work in office late night?"

Granny's statement made his tongue tied. He knew no one can win with Granny in talks.

"And she supposed to join you for award ceremony, so she needs to look like a queen."

Her statement chocked Swara and she started coughing badly.