27

I just love being the bearer of bad news

I just love being the bearer of bad news. I love when the tension fills the room. The way everyone looks at you with wide eyes as you drop the bomb. I just love it.

"What do you mean the baby is not mine?"

The look on his face Is one of disbelief. He turns and looks at her with almost pleading eyes but she turns the other way. She refuses to meet his eyes.

Is this man stupid or did I stutter?

"Go ahead Rosa, look him in the eyes and tell him I'm lying"

I tell her with a smirk on my face and unbothered by the guns being pointed at me. You're probably wondering 'why they're pointing their guns at me'

Well....

Linda-Rosa is Elijahs fiancée and since Elijah is the boss of this mafia it automatically makes her the 'Queen'. And right now they are protecting their queen and unborn child even if it's from me, their flesh and blood.

It's funny really, but then again that's what they do. They turn their backs on the people they swear they care for and when they finally get their head out of their ass they come and apologize only to do it all over again.

"Ro-Rosa?" He asks with teary eyes still trying to get her to look at him but she still looks away from him.

Yes that's what I said wasn't it? *insert eye roll*

"As in the Rosa? The one in your story?" Sebastian asks with wide and guilty eyes and turns to look at Rosa who still looks away. Elijah moves away from her as his tears begin to spill.

"You all believe her? It's obvious that she is lying"

Amelia says and moves towards Rosa and hug her before whispering something to her that I can't make out.

"Sh-She's lying. I don't even know her, she's lying I've never met her before until to-

She's cut off when a video begins to play and both her and Amelias eyes widen as everyone watches the screen.

~The video~

"Hey little girl! What's your name" she wait a while but when she gets no answer she continues "I'm Rosa, I just want to help" she sets the tray full of food in front of the little girl and brings out the first aid kit.

"Li-Like the flowers Ro-Rose?" the little girl asks and the woman nods with a smile that doesn't reach her eyes.

"Yes exactly like the flowers" she replies with a nod.

They sit there for a while, the woman just cleaning her cuts and feeding her.

"I'm Eu-Eureka" she finally says and the woman smiles and nods. The woman finally finished cleaning her wounds while she finished eating and the woman picked up but not before promising to be back.

The video continues to play and it shows Rosa coming back to help me clean my wounds and feed me until it gets to the last part where we are getting ready for my escape.

"Okay, there's just me and you here, let's go" she says and the little girl nods before following her out of the cell. They walk around until they make it out through the back door. The girls face lit up seeing the sky and sun and being able to breathe the fresh air.

"I can't go any further so run and don't look back okay" she says and the little girl nods before thanking the woman who she thought would be her savior. But that is short lived when the moment she steps out a gun is pointed at her head.

She looks back to see three guards with their guns pointing at her. She then looks back to Rosa who also has her gun out and a sinister smile on her face.

They drag her back to the cell where Miguel comes in to torture and starve her.

~Video ends ~

Everyone looks at Rosa with so much disgust but she just sits there with her eyes wide open not know what to say.

I don't think she expected me to get my hands on that but then again they should watch their inner circle.

She gave me hope just to snatch it away from me. That's why I hate her.

"You were saying?" I ask with a sinister smile on my face as everyone around me lowers their guns while she cry's her eyes out.

Knowing that I'm not the same little girl I once was gives me joy. Knowing that nobody can hurt me ever again makes me proud of who I am now.

"Take her away" I order as the two men standing behind her grab her up while she starts trashing around.

"Miguel will get you" she screams making everyone turn to look at her. "He will not stop until he has you" she says with a smile as if she just said something good.

"Let him come! I'll be waiting for him, and when I get my hands on him, I'll make sure he stays alive long enough to watch his empire crumble before him" I say with a smirk making her smile drops. I gesture my men to take her away and she starts trashing around again.

"What about the baby?" Elijah asks with a sad tone.

I know how much he wanted a baby and an heir and I also know how much this is breaking him but I'm just getting started and I don't care.

"Like I said Elijah. The baby is not yours" I say and Dad hands me the documents which I hand to Elijah. The documents contains a DNA test and everything on her.

"How did you get this?" Michael asks while reading the documents.

"I have my ways" is the only reply I give as I think back to how easy it was to get the blood sample we needed for the test.

I get up and Dad and Henry follows me up the stairs. I almost make it to the staircase when I remember I forgot the best and most important part of this night.

"Ah I almost forgot" I turn back to see everyone with a brow raised looking at me curiously. This time with no guns pointed at me

"Ava I have a gift for you" I say and her eyes widen a little before she puts on a fake smile and shakes her head

"I don't want anything thank you"

Aww that's cute but no. I didn't go through all that trouble for the footage just for it not be played.

"Now what little sister would I be if I didn't get you anything for your birthday" I say with a sinister smile which just makes her gulp in fear.

I turn to Henry and nod. He takes his phone out and presses send as everyone's phones vibrate.

"Happy birthday" I say before walking out of the mansion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading ❤️