Flustered at the Store

I walk out of my room and down the hall in a daze. I threw on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt before making my way out to the living room with a dumb look on my face.

Sapnap is sitting on the couch on his phone, but he looks up as I enter. "What's up with you?"

I shake my head and plop on the couch. "I just... uhh."

"Yeah? Spit it out."

"I just... I-never mind."

Sapnap's eyes go wide. "You didn't take my comment seriously did you? I didn't actually mean for you to shower together."

"No idiot."

"Rude."

I roll my eyes. He is so annoying sometimes.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." I finish, not wanting to argue and not wanting to continue on. I didn't think I was ready for him to know what just happened.

"I'm not worried, just confused," he comments still looking through his phone.

I get up from the couch and walk into the kitchen pulling the fridge open. I scan my very empty fridge and decide it's time to go to the store.

"Feel like going to the store with me?" I yell to the living room.

"Heck no," Sapnap yells back.

"I wouldn't mind," George says behind my shoulder making me jump.

"Oh gosh- George!"

He giggles cutely while Sapnap howls in the living room.

"When did you- how did you- You're so quiet!" My brain mushes everything I say together, making me stumble.

George raises an eyebrow at me. "So the store then?"

"Uhh... right! Yeah." I blink and George smirks at me. "I'll go put my shoes on."

I awkwardly make my way back to my room and slip on a pair of tennis shoes. When I come back out Sapnap and George are sitting on their phones.

"Ready to go?" I ask George.

He looks up and smiles. "Ready."

The both of us bid farewell to Sapnap and head to my car. Once we are both in, I hand George the aux and pull out of the driveway. We make our way to the store quietly, just listening to the soft hum of George's music.

We walk down the aisles grabbing the essentials occasionally getting random 'American food' for George to try.

I push my cart down the freezer aisle and George rests his hand on the side of the wired cart, staring at all the freezer items.

"Did you want anything in this aisle?" I ask him.

He looks over at me. "I don't know. Are..." his eyes drift to the freezer behind me, "...frozen meatballs good?"

I chuckle at him. "No, not really."

We make our way to the ice cream section and I check the flavors to see if any of them are worth it to buy.

"So Dream," George interrupts my thinking. "I've been meaning to ask you a question."

My eyes go wide and my brain instantly replays the kiss we shared earlier. "Yeah?" I reply, voice a little shaky.

"Maybe I can wait till we get in the car actually."

I nod my head. "Great."

We find ourselves in the checkout and I pay for the food items. We bag everything and head back to my car. After placing all the food securely in the trunk we both climb in and George instinctively plugs his phone into the aux chord.

We once again, drive silently home. I can only think of what George's question might be, and why he hasn't asked it yet. In the back of my mind I sort of hope he forgets, but more so I just want him to ask it so I can stop worrying.

Although I am afraid. Afraid he might tell me the kiss meant nothing, afraid he will be upset that it happened, afraid he will confront me about my feelings and I won't know what to say.

As we pull in the driveway, my heart races in my chest. I feel like I'm about to melt into a puddle of worry.

George looks over at me and I stare back, trying to hide my fear.

"Is now a good time to ask my question?" He asks politely.

"It depends on the question," I stutter.

He gives a little laugh making some of my nerves dissipate.

"Well, I've been meaning to talk to you about..." About the kiss, about my feelings? "About why you've been acting so strange since we got here. Running off and hiding in your room."

No... This is much worse.

I was beginning to wonder when he would confront me about this though, me running off because George made me blush and shrink into a blob.

"Oh... I umm," I stumble over my words trying to think of something to say. "What do you mean?"

He sighs. "Remember movie night when you ran off to get pillows and I asked you about it? And then you told me it was complicated and you would tell me later? Well it's later and I want to know what's wrong. What are you hiding?"

My heart rate picks up again. Do I tell him? I can tell him, can't I? But what do I say, except the truth?

"It is complicated," I try.

"I'll figure it out."

"No. It's... much more personal and embarrassing. I don't know how to- I don't know what you'll think. Or if... I don't know." I rush it all out trying to collect my thoughts.

George takes a hold of my hand. I look into his comforting gaze. "No matter what, I'm still your friend."

Friend.

"I know..." I sigh. "It's just... not normal. It's hard to tell you in words."

He squeezes my fingers. "Is it something you can show me?"

I nod my head.

"Okay. Let's take the groceries in and then you can show me what's wrong."

But... I'm not ready.

Thanks for reading! You guys are the best! :]

992 words