Chapter 44: Yours, Forever

#9,005 

" Oh, Zee, will you shut up now?" I laughed and he followed. 

" But, it's a fact. Humans do happen to be the only animals whose brains shrink. So, I guess we're allowed to indulge in doing dumb things given our state of mind." He went on perpetually. 

For the last 10 to 15 minutes he had been going on about weird, funny, and unknown facts he recently stumbled upon. Given I was the only victim of his onslaught I had to endure. Before this, he was on and on about his latest fitness regime. 

" You should know I'm not at all interested. Not even a bit." I replied rolling my eyes. We were lounging in our garden while everyone else was busy with something or the other. We happen to be the most carefree individuals without any sense of responsibility. We were also the youngest in the bunch so we had our privileges. 

Zeehan and I share a close bond. We were closer in age and mostly because he was just to be fun around. 

" Fine. But if I'm putting up with your weekly change of professional order this is the tiniest favor you can return. " He made a cute face and I had to smile. But, he was really supporting me quite handsomely with my fickle-mindedness these days. 

" Okay. Only because I consider this as an I owe you kinda thing. " I replied.

" Oh, for a second I thought it was because you thought of me as your best friend. " 

" Ha! Friend yes but not the best one." I was just messing with him now.

" Okay. Next time you need to bail on the gang for a date with your new special someone, don't you dare come to me." Well, he was also covering for me and corroborating on my stories when I when out with Miher. I had not revealed the name yet but he was helping me out nevertheless. 

" God, Zee. You're evil. Okay, best friend. " I conceded and that did bring a smile to his face.

~ Aavya, in the evening when she was having a good time chattering with Zeehan on all things stupid and nonsensical. 

❋❋❋

Aman and Rose's story had just begun and little did they know that it would wind them up on a different journey altogether. Full of adventures and a lot of love. 

And their story continues...

So, Aman and Shira weren't exactly dating but they indeed were spending a lot of their time together. Rose wasn't oblivious to these transformations in the dynamics of their friendship but she was fighting another battle with her feelings it could be said that she was coping well if not exactly better. But, she missed her best friend too much then she let that out loud. 

Aman was no better either. He enjoyed Shira's company but he was yearning for his best friend as well. It was just another day that she had decided to skip their weekly reunions for project work with the Quizzy nerds. And it was obvious that he felt offended, neglected, and so forgotten. Both were sailing in the same boat just being ignorant of the other's presence.  

It was then that he decided to confront her at her home. He was waiting for her when she returned from her classes. 

" Good God! Aman! You scared me!" She exclaimed when she saw his silhouette in the dark but recognized his form.

" Really, that shouldn't come as surprise now that you've abandoned me." It was a cruel jibe. 

" W-What? What do you mean?"

" C'mon, Rosie. Spare us the confused look. We both know that you've decided to cut our friendship off. You don't even talk to me these days. " There was genuine pain, a dear friend's pang.