Chapter 29: Kikimora

After Edric payed the cashier, as I of course couldn't, we walked out of the pastel but colorful building. Outside we see a group of three coven scouts, a large abomination but what's perched on it's mighty shoulder? A specific red runt. Oh shit! Well, it's all over now. Rascal dives into the the hood of my hoodie, holding still on my shoulder to keep hidden. "Let's go, uhh... Let's go somewhere else." Now I'm the one holding Edric's hand and am the one practically dragging him away from the scene as I try to listen onto what they're asking. Probably questions of my whereabouts.

"You! The one with the green hair!" That high-pitched voice shrieks out. Those words make my heart sink down... Edric turns around while I let go of his hand in a panicky fright while just remaining still as I feel my own heavy breaths.

"Aren't you the one who took that picture with... The Golden Guard?!" I can hear the anger and annoyance in her voice just by mentioning me. "Yeah, but I don't know where he is.." Edric has a nervous tone within his voice, and mentioning where I could be before the question is uttered could seem suspicious... Unfortunately.

I don't know what makes things more tense for me. The seconds of silence or the questioning. "We already checked that disgusting house. Checked all over town. Not in the forest either. Actually, we should start checking other houses too! Young Blight, mind taking us to your house, just to be safe?" No, no, no, no. Wait, how would she know if I'm there? Should I be worried? I just need to calm down... I lick the green, cold, fluffy blob to calm myself while Edric must've agreed as he walks us to the house as we're going back the way we've came. Couldn't hear him agreeing to that from my own nervous behavior.

But then it hits me, they only want to get to Blight Manor, so why would they want me to stick around? "Stop right there!" Yells the little monster. So I walk off as casually as I can still I feel one of those scouts hold onto my sleeve. "I'm sorry, but we have to ask question everyone, just to be sure. Ok?" I just silently nod, feeling even more tense than before.

.

.

.

Once we make it to the large household, our ice creams are completely vanished. Me finishing faster as the tension caused me to eat more swiftly.

It feels like we're being forcefully shoved into the huge house despite walking on our own feet. Of course the huge abomination has to stay outside. That's when we come face to face with Odelia who's understandably confused.

(Again, how should the Goldric bromance go? Because it's almost been 30 chapters and they still aren't together. I need ideas)