Chapter 40 (LAST CHAPTER)

LISA

"Cat got your tongue, Manoban?"

My gaze raked over Jennie's body as she takes in a slow breath while looking at me seductively. She's wearing a red dress that fits her body perfectly. She curled her hair a bit as her light make up made her natural beauty stands out.

How can someone be this perfect? How can someone be as intoxicating as Jennie Kim?

"I...wow. You look-"

"You're stuttering? Am I that...pretty?" she teased.

Jennie took a step closer. Her breath ghosting over my lips. She smelled like whiskey, and a hint of mint. Then she started to lean in.

She brushed her lips beneath my ears and it made electricity zip down my spine.

"You look hot, Lisa-yah."

"Jen...stop. We might not-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Jennie dragged her face to mine and kissed me desperately. And from that movement, I know that I already got intoxicated by the way her mouth moves against mine and the way she catches my lip with her teeth.

Jennie stopped and examined my face as we both catch our breath. She looked at me with much intensity and it made me momentarily forget how to breathe, as though I could live off the feeling that she's giving alone. I draw in a shaky breath and laughed quietly.

"We will be late for the Alumni Party if you keep this up," I reminded her when I noticed the unstoppable desire in her eyes.

She just smirked at me and dived for my lips again. She stole my breath with her kiss. She trailed her lips down to my neck, nipping and sucking at my skin.

I brazed my hands on her shoulders.

"We can continue this later. For now, let's go to the party before Jisoo and Chaeng kill us for not being able to attend."

"Can't we just ditch the party? I'm in the mood."

"No, Ms. Kim. Your presence is much awaited, silly."

I poked her pointy nose as I reached for the car key. Jennie just rolled her eyes on me as she sighed in defeat.

After a few minutes drive, we arrived at Anwyll University. Chaeng squeals when she saw us entering the hall. Jisoo just waved her hand upon seeing us. Our batch mates were already surrounding them, still internalizing the reality that two big stars are in front of them while the two feign no affection at all.

Talk about getting used to attention.

"OMG! Is that Jennie Kim? With LISA?!"

"It's Jennie! The former SSG President!"

"She's so freaking hot! And Lisa, look at her! Did she age backwards?!"

People started to gossip way too loud. It's like a continuous buzzing of compliments to our ears.

"Hey, dorks!" I greeted them.

"You look great girls." Jennie complimented.

"You're twenty minutes late," Jisoo started. From the look on her face, I can tell that she's been drinking already.

"What took you so long? You missed the opening!" Chaeng scolded.

"We...uhm.."

"Lisa lost her...key."

"Yeah, key!" I said in almost a shout then I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Key my foot. You missed our performance. Hmmp." Chaeng replied.

"Sorry about that. I'll just watch it on the internet."

I spent hours talking with the former officers of the SSG. Everyone ended up being successful. Wendy became a radio DJ, Mina took the same path with her father as a surgeon, Lia became a brand endorser of some luxurious clothing line, Seulgi is now a dance mentor on some kind of variety show, and Joohyun successfully took over their company.

Time flies real fast and there's a part of me that still wants to revisit my college years in this university.

"Found you. Why are you up here?" Jennie settled beside me. I am at the rooftop admiring the starry night sky as memories start to cloud my mind.

"I just miss this spot."

"It's cold here."

Jennie scooted closer. I stepped back and wrapped my arms around her.

"Does this keep you warm?"

"Hug me tighter so that I don't feel cold."

I did what she told me to do.

"Jennie-yah."

"Hmm?"

"I still can't believe that you're mine. I mean, who would know that we're going to end up together when our beginnings was a living havoc?"

"I know right. You messed up my paper works real bad. Not to mention that it was too early in the morning for you to trigger my grumpiness."

"You're always grumpy before. I'm glad that I discovered your smile that could replace our country's national treasure."

"You're overreacting Manoban," Jennie slightly pinched my arm.

"I'm just stating the fact," a minute of silence engulfed us.

"But with all honesty, I am more than blessed to have you in my life Jennie. I love you for who you are and time can attest to that. I am grateful to my reckless act of accidentally hitting the horn of my car causing you to get startled and drop your papers on the ground. It lead me towards getting closer to you, and now I got myself in the closest place of you."

Jennie turned around to face me. Then she cupped my face.

"I am just as blessed for meeting you, Manoban. You don't know how much you changed me. You broke my shell and made me realized that things won't change if I'll stick to my comfort zone. You made me face my fears and made me fight for my own happiness. Because of you, I learned how to be brave enough to tread upon the odds. You are my soul, my life, and my greatest possession. I promise, I won't get tired of loving you. I will choose you over and over again. I love you, Lisa."

"I love you more."

I sealed our oath with a kiss. Her lips are warm, and soft. The way she responds to my kisses is so tender at first, tentative. Then she kissed me deeper, now she's taking the lead, losing herself in it as I lose myself in her.

The stars are the witnesses of our confession as the winds momentarily raved.

Then realization hits me.

I am so drawn to her.

I am so in love with her.

If someone takes her away from me, she will be the death of me.

Because she is the air I breathe.

She is the energy that keeps me going.

She is the sunshine of my life.

----
Thanks for reading♥️🙆