Finally Friday

It's finally Friday. I've been counting down since we got here. I've talked to Aspen over the phone everyday after school.

Luis is after some Mindy chick, but she's Rick's girlfriend so I told him good luck with that. And Charlie's after some Linda girl who hates sports and Aspens really pissed about that.

Tryouts are on Monday at the end of the day. All we have to do is get through today, then the weekend.

I have a free period right now, so I'm just walking back to the dorm to study. Well, call Aspen, but I'm supposed to study. "Hellooo." I sung into the phone. "God, I literally hate it here." She groaned and I scrunched my face up, "What? But your living your dream of being a nerd, which I never thought would be your dream. But, okay."

"It's nothing like I thought. It's pure hell, I can't even describe it in words. I miss you, I miss the team, I miss Charlie, and I miss you." Her voice got quieter and I heard a couple sniffles. "Don't you dare cry, I swear to god. It'll be okay, we all have bad days. It'll get better."

"No it won't. It's horrible here. I miss hockey, I miss everyone and everything!" She cried out. "Stop it right now! You are gonna be okay." I laughed and she let out a small chuckle followed by sniffles. "I wish I could just come home." She sighed.

"We all do. But you're gonna go live your dream and do what you've always wanted to do. And talking to me is not going to help. So, I love you, goodbye."

"Ugh, love you." She said before I hung up the phone.

-

After a horrid lunch period and I couple more classes, the week is officially over. "Ah, it's finally over. When's summer gonna start now?" I questioned while we walked back into our dorm. "Let's get through the five million tests we have next week, then we can focus on summer." Connie groaned throwing all her books onto her bed.

"Are you guys going home for the weekend?" Julie questioned throwing herself onto her bed. "As much as I hate this school, I'm not. I'm just going to stay and study. Maybe they'll even let me use the rink to practice before Monday." I shrugged setting out my books to study. "Scarlett Anderson? Studying? I'm shocked." Connie gasped while I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, if good grades mean I get to stay on the hockey team. Then so be it." I sighed getting started on my homework.

School was something I never tried in. I never listened in class, or paid attention to what was for homework. Everything was completely last minute.

Although I never applied my self, my grades always stayed high up. I've always managed to maintain high honors, which is something that shocked both myself, and my friends. Same thing with Aspen. She never pays attention, but she always gets good grades.

I guess I'm going to actually have to apply myself now.

-
Connie, Julie, and I walked through the halls towards the boys dorm, occasionally getting stopped by people that I met at camp who wanted to say hi. "God, you know everyone." Julie laughed while we stepped up to the boys dorm. "I'm just that cool." I joked knocking on the door.

"Hey! Come in. We're just doing homework." Charlie waved us in and I looked around. Charlie, Guy, and Adam, that's who's in the dorm. I sat at the desk next to Adam's bed and wheeled the chair over. "Wrong." I stated after looking at his paper. "What?" He looked up at me confused. "Number 23. It's wrong." I nodded spinning the chair in a circle. "How?"

"5-(n-4)=3(n+2). You didn't distribute the parentheses." I pointed to his paper and he looked at me shocked. "Oh yeah. Shit, I have to do it all over." He groaned while erasing everything. "Here, I got it." I grabbed his paper and set up the problem. "All you have to do add and stuff. Setting it up is the hardest part." I shrugged and used the chair to move around the room.

"How the hell do you know how to do this math?" Charlie slammed his book down on his bed and turned towards me. "It's simple, really. We learned this in like—the seventh grade."

"How do you know how to do it of all people. You fell asleep in class yesterday. I had to wake you up!" Guy exclaimed while aggressively erasing his paper. "Ugh, give me your books." I held my hands out and two notebooks were placed in them.

"Charlie, 3(n+2)=9(6-n). N equals 4. You must've divided wrong on the last part. Here." I corrected it and threw his notebook back. "Guy,
-2 (x+2)=-2x+1. X equals 5. I'm not sure what you did wrong but you were pretty close." I re-did the problem and gave him his notebook back.

"Holy shit." Julie breathed out staring at me. "What?" I asked after I realized they were all staring in shock. "You're like—really good." Connie laughed. "And you don't even pay attention in class!" Charlie added on.

"I don't know. It just comes naturally. I'm just that good." I joked with a wink.