42

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

Y/N flung the door open to the 4th year boy's dorm. 

Y/N and Hermione stepped into the room, Winky following them closely behind.

All 5 boys were awake, Dobby stood at the edge of Harry's bed, catching sight of Winky and rolling his eyes. 

Winky too, looked very displeased to be in the same room as Dobby.

Neville smiled at Y/N and Hermione with a wave as they walked in, Seamus and Dean looked bewildered.

"You can't just—" Seamus began, attempting to protest their presence.

"Oh shut up." Y/N said, throwing a cookie at both him and Dean.

Safe to say, they didn't complain anymore.

Y/N stepped forward, pulling Harry and Ron into a hug, saying 'Happy Christmas' to each other, Hermione did the same when Y/N pulled away to hug Neville and hand him his gift.

"Woah.." Neville said, as he unwrapped a magical microscope set. He let out a small gasp when he saw the small hat that was also in the gift. "And you've got something for Trevor!" He said, smiling as he pulled Y/N into another hug. "Thank you!"

"No problem" Y/N said, pulling away with a smile as Neville grabbed Trevor and placed the small red hat on his head. 

"Can Dobby give his present?" Dobby squeaked excitedly.

"'Course you can," said Harry. "Uhh . . . I've got something for you too."

Harry quickly opened his trunk and pulled out a pair of old mustard yellow socks. He handed the socks to Dobby, saying, "Sorry, I forgot to wrap them. . . ."

But Dobby's eyes widened in excitement. "Socks are Dobby's favorite, favorite clothes, sir!" he said, ripping off his old ones and pulling on Harry's. "I has seven now, sir. . . . But sir . . ." he said, shocked. "they has made a mistake in the shop, Harry Potter, they is giving you two the same!"

"Ah, no, Harry, how come you didn't spot that?" said Ron, grinning.

Y/N chucked a cookie at his shoulder. 

"Ouch"

He rubbed his shoulder, glaring at Y/N. "Tell you what, Dobby—" he said, turning towards the small elf. "— here you go — take these two, and you can mix them up properly. And here's your sweater." Ron said, tossing Dobby the socks and his maroon knitted sweater.

"Sir is very kind!" Dobby squeaked, his eyes brimming with tears, bowing at Ron. "Dobby knew sir must be a great wizard, for he is Harry Potter's friend, but Dobby did not know that he was also as generous of spirit, as noble, as selfless —"

"They're only socks," said Ron, who had gone slightly pink, though he looked rather pleased all the same. 

Hermione rolled her eyes at the look of satisfaction on Ron's face.

Dobby now handed Harry, Y/N, Ron, and Hermione each a small package, they turned out to be socks.

"Dobby is making them himself!" He said happily. "He is buying the wool out of his wages!"

"They're . . . they're really . . . well—" Harry said, looking at the colorful socks.

"—They're incredible." Y/N finished off for Harry, pulling out a bag full of brand new colorful and mismatched socks and handed it to Dobby.