Entry #134 09/02/21

At four in the afternoon of the 28th day of August year two thousand twenty one, a beautiful soul had departed this earth and entered the gates of heaven. During the singing of the song "Come Holy Spirit", my Lola Villa has surrendered herself to the Almighty. And I can assure you, it was a wonderful death.

Meanwhile, I was still at work having my dinner break when it happened. I was exchanging messages with my mother, whom I called later on but didn't answer. What I did not know was that during my phone call my grandmother was already struggling.
It was a good thing my best friend/cousin, Bless, was there to guide our grandmother.

"I'm scared", my grandmother said.

Bless held her hand and replied, "We will be okay grandma. If you are scared you can hold my hand as tight as you want."

As Bless would describe, our grandmother had hold unto her tightly until her hand turned burning red. Amidst Lola Villa's struggle was the constant praying of my Aunts and Uncles. The others who immigrated abroad had the opportunity to see my grandmother through video call on her last minutes here on earth. I wish I had that opportunity too.

I kinda felt that this year is something to fear for. I did kinda wrote on my previous entries that I don't know why I feel so anxious that 2021 is near. It turns out that I would lose my beloved grandmother this year. Not only her but also uncle Norman. And their deaths were just two weeks apart.

It may pain us for now, but her death was not a loss. Her suffering has finally ended and she lived a fullfilled life knowing that she was loved. My grandmother's death isn't the end of her. Her legacy will live on with us.

I will always remember her as a strong, independent, intelligent, witty, funny, talkative, kind, and most of all "loving" woman. Whether it be with family or friends, I know she will be remembered. Rest eternally now my dearest Lola Villa, I will see you again.

Lovingly yours,
-Krizia@24
-