19

The officers wait patiently as Blake talks to one of the oldest twins, either Isaac or Preston, the two least hurt by the bullets. They had actually helped put pressure on some of the wounds. With Blake talking he nods and gets up from his seat.

He gives a quick nod to the officers out of respect before heading into Iliana's room and gently closing the door.

The other brothers all ask Blake what was going on. They can't hear his reply but suspect that he was reassuring the others that Miss Bloomington was in no danger and that he was just going to give his statement to the officers.

The younger ones give them varying degrees of distrust. Both officers have had those looks thrown their way more than once. But they have no idea just why any of the Hamilton's would give them those kind of looks.

Once they get into Blake's room they wait for Blake to put himself back into bed. One of them ends up reaching out to him to steady him as he nearly falls.

"Thank you, officer. I can't ever remember a time when I've been so weak. I've never been so sick that it weakened me like this."

"I doubt you've been shot multiple times and undergone surgery before either." The officer says under his breath. Apparently not low enough since Blake chuckles at his words.

"I have to say, you are very right.

"Now, the reason you are here. It's a long story, or a short one, I guess, depending on how you look at it." The officers take his words for permission to sit and Blake waits for them to situate chairs close to him so that they can see him and take notes. He rather thinks that they are recording the conversation to type out later.

"Just to let you know, we are recording this so that it can be transcribed later. Once it's done we'll bring it by and have you look it over and sign it. Is that alright with you Mr. Hamilton?"

Blake waves it away. "I have no problems with you recording this, as long as the typed version is the same as the recorded one and no words are changed or edited. I use the words I use for a reason."

Both officers nod, "We assure you that it will be typed as you tell us. Please, begin when you are ready. We know that it was a horrific episode and don't expect you to rush."

Blake gives them a rather bleak smile that doesn't reach his eyes. "What I know, I don't have any evidence to back me up. Those men that shot us, I am almost certain are the same ones or part of the same group that kidnapped, tortured and killed Iliana Bloomington's parents some ten years ago. There is no proof, no evidence the police had to go on. Who ever had done it were like ghosts. So, like I said, there is no proof.

"Then five years ago, we believe the same group was responsible for the bloody massacre of my parents and their driver. Again there was no evidence and so no proof.

"We had ideas of what group it was. We've been victims of their hate crimes before. My family has at least. Why they hate us so much, we have no idea. We've made enemies, you don't become successful in business without making some, but nothing that should engender such hatred.

"Then, I announced Iliana Bloomington as our newest Board of Directors member, taking the seat of her parents. I had just been waiting for her to reach eighteen years of age to hand over that responsibility.

"At that time I also announced that she is my girlfriend."

The officer recording the statement pauses the recording. "You are what, thirty years old? Quite an age difference isn't there?" He can't believe that such a young woman would want someone so much older than her.

Blake gives a small bitter laugh. "I've known Iliana since the day she was born. Yes, there are twelve years difference between us. Once her parents died my parents took over guardianship. She was like a daughter to my parents. To the point that they left her half of our family home. As well as another trust fund and other items. I believe that they hoped that she would marry one of us.