chapter eight

TW: murder, mention of terrorism, graphic descriptions of crime scenes, mild gore, mention of a suicide note, mention and usage of guns, usage of police batons, mild language, police presence.

secrets and lies, part two of two.

" if i show you, then i know you won't tell what i said. 'cause two can keep a secret if one of them is dead " - the pierces.

-

"Where's Olivia?" Gina asked as Genevieve lead her, Kruger, and Bruno into the conference room where the rest of the team was assembled.

"Olivia Hopkins was murdered ten minutes ago," Hotch said darkly, clasping his hands together in front of him. The rest of the team carefully noted each of the CIA operative's body language. "Her neck was snapped,"

All three had identical, horrified expressions on their faces.

"Just like John Summers," Gideon said, adding fuel to the fire. Genevieve's eyes narrowed as Gina and Bruno turned to look at each other disbelievingly.

"What are you talking about?" Kruger asked, scoffing doubtfully. Seeing the expressions on the team's faces, his face dropped. "You're lying. Where is she?"

"Agent Greenaway found Olivia's body in the computer room," Genevieve told him, sympathy in her tone. He shook his head defiantly.

"People don't just get murdered inside the CIA," He said, turning to look at his two comrades, both of whom were staring at him. Gina's eyes held sorrow, and Bruno's, a grim determination.

"I realise the enormity of this," Bruno started slowly. "but Hassan Nadir is still out there looking to kill his wife. And I need every agent on this,"

Gina was the first to walk out. She pushed past Kruger and Hotch, and strode out of the door, shaking her head as she did so. Kruger followed quickly after her. The last person to leave was Bruno. Before any of them could say anything, he too stormed out of the room.

Gideon sighed, and followed after him, leaving the team to split up and question their three remaining suspects.

+++

"Just because I lied about Olivia, doesn't make me the mole!" Kruger said furiously. Genevieve and Elle were questioning him, and Spencer was standing a little farther behind them.

"No, but downloading a virus that wipes out the CCTV does," Derek said, walking towards them. Kruger looked around, shocked by the accusations flying at him. "Then whoever put it in my computer is trying to frame me!"

"You don't seem so surprised that we found the virus on your computer," Genevieve noted.

"I keep a pre-written suicide note in my desk as part of my job in my desk," He said, towering over her, but she stood her ground. "My coworker was just murdered inside of the CIA building, while a team of all-talk-no-action FBI agents run around with their fancy degrees and badges, wildly throwing accusations. It takes a lot more than a pathetic attempt to set me up to surprise me,"

"And none of that has an emotional effect on you?" Spencer piped up, looking dubiously at the CIA agent.

"Olivia was looking for something," Derek said, directing Kruger's attention back to him. "She didn't find a thing. You know why? Because all of your files have been erased,"

"Do you really think, that if I was the mole, I would keep files that would incriminate me?" He asked, starting to lose his temper now. "Those files were erased to make me look guilty!"