🍋Chapter Twenty Nine🍋

"Claire!" Severus' voice boomed through the corridor as she was making her way to the great hall. She spun around on her heel with a smile on her face. She watched Severus stride to meet her and he snaked his arm around her waist. He had on his usual depressing black robes, but Clarice had on that obnoxious yellow cape and a pointy witch hat she stole from Minerva.

"I feel like I should pretend I don't know you. How many times am I going to tell you to burn that damn cape?" He said into her hair and then kissed her head.

"The more you complain, the more I wear it. I like that it pisses you off." She chuckled.

"Quite the opposite actually. I get excited when I see it because I know you're the only one that would wear it. It's still hideous."

"Oh shut your pie hole Sev," She elbowed him in the ribs and opened the doors to the great hall. Some students have already made their way in as they found their seats. There was a new teacher, who Clarice assumed was Remus Lupin, sitting two seats down from her.

"Why is Filius doing the ceremony?" She noticed. "I thought you said Minnie does them?"

"She does. There was an incident on the train." He told her.

"Well? Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"The ministry sent dementors onto the train to search for Black. They attacked Harry." He whispered to her. Filius had started the sorting already, but they weren't paying attention.

"They what?" She shot back. "Is he okay?"

"He's fine, just scared him. He passed out." He said. "Look there he is."

Harry and Minerva both walked into the hall found their seats at their prospective table as Filius finished the sorting.

"Welcome, Welcome," Albus started as he walked up to the podium. "To another year at Hogwarts. I'd like to say a few words before we all get befuddled by the feast. First, I'm please to introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teach, Professor RJ Lupin."

The man that was two seats down stood up and bowed quickly before lowering himself back down in his seat.

"As we know from last year, our Care of Magical Creatures Professor Kettleburn, has retired and filling his spot we have our very own Rubeus Hagrid." Minerva elbowed Hagrid to stand up and Clarice cheered for her friend.

"And finally at the request of the ministry, Hogwarts will until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban that until Sirius Black is captured." There were whispers throughout the hall and Clarice gave Severus a WTF face.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." He ended his speech and the feast commenced.

"Clarice, give me my hat back! I have been looking for that all day!" Minerva said and snatched her hat back from the witch. She giggled and apologized.

"Don't even think about it." Severus said as he watched Clarice go to grab the salad spoon. She sighed and handed him her plate and watched as he filled it with roast chicken, casserole, and peas.

"Is your plan to make me fat so no one else will want me?" She whispered to him.

"Precisely."

"You are a cruel man."

"I know."

"Do you want to watch a movie tonight?" She asked him.

"Yes, but not too late. We have early mornings." He responded.