Chapter XXV: Shattered Feelings

Life keeps changing every moment. It never goes our way. Whenever we feel that everything is going to be alright now, life takes a new turn. Makes us wonder where we have gone wrong. And while we are busy thinking about it, then some other disaster awaits us.

"Whatever you did, it was according to the gravity and need of the time. And I am more than grateful to you for this. I'm sorry to say that but I don't agree with this relationship anymore. I want them to be separated as soon as possible." Were the words of my father, Armaan Jha to Daddu Shenoy after I revealed the libelous truth of our marriage. I wasn't expecting his immediate reaction. But what could we say, he is a father. Who has found her child after nineteen long years and was hearing how wonderful her marriage life is.

Circumstances or not, that was the truth. Gashmir and I could have resolved our issues. Afterall we have been married for twenty whole months. However, we were always fighting, ignoring or scaring away each other. This only means we aren't mean together. We don't belong to each other. Which only leaves one option. Separation.

Daddu Shenoy didn't argue much on that. Doesn't mean he didn't put any conditions. He agreed for our divorce___ as if it was his divorce we were asking permission for. But we Indians can't proceed without getting a thumbs up from our elders. That's illogical, I know, looking at it's my and Gashmir's life. However, no one can do.

Yeah, I was saying that like a businessman Daddu Shenoy, he made a deal out of a divorce. And I swore on my life that I will never ever marry in a business family. They only know how to trap people in their way. Surely, he agreed for our divorce but on the condition that I have to give a chance to my family.

I refuse anyone to dictate my life from now on. Only for now I agreed cause I want to be free from these clutches. Once I get divorced I have other plans. Plans I will not let anyone even have any glimmers.

But what was that I was secretly wishing to be true. I would tear this paper apart if only he stopped me. I won't sign this if only he wants to give us a second chance. Why was I expecting such a thing when I know what he wants from the beginning. He must be eminently glad about this divorce. Then why is there a lingering hope in the corner of my heart?!

Biting my lips to avoid the fall of tears from my eyes, I signed the papers with a heavy heart. I might have initiated this divorce doesn't mean I wanted it.

Further what tore my heart was that without a blink of an eye Gashmir signed the papers and left without a word. I should have anticipated this. Wiping the tears with the back of my palm I walked to my room. I don't want anyone to notice my affliction.

☆☆☆

As I stepped out of the house I saw Gashmir waiting beside a bright red Audi. His look was admirable as always. I stared mindlessly as I closed the distance between. I failed to capture his attention as I had in the past. He was busy scrolling his mobile.

I cleared my throat to make my presence known. He looked at me blankly but didn't speak.

"Are you going somewhere?!" I asked genuinely. And that egotistical jerk ignored, started scrolling back his mobile like it was the only important thing left in his life. Well, I know I wasn't important to him. But he doesn't have to throw that every time to my face.

Sighing I again tried, "Gashmir, what happened?! Are you not happy?! This is what we always wanted."

Gashmir put mobile in his pocket then turned to me. Smiling somewhat wickedly, he began, "Can't you see how contented I am?!" I smiled, looking down at my shoes. Atleast he was glad. It's not that I'm not happy. I am. Our relationship, the way it started, was anything but exciting. It was better to end it. I wouldn't have complained if it didn't end.

Because I started to like Gashmir. It took me every inch to accept this. But it's true. Where, how, why, I don't remember. I underestimated that bastard's charm. For very long I refused to accept what I fell for. It hurts to know he won't be yours if you fell for him. Even after knowing this I couldn't stop myself. I knew it would take a toll on me only to leave me shattered. And that's what he was doing.

His next words felt like a hammer on my heart. Which smashed it successfully.

"But, I would have been more delighted if you had never come in my life. I would have been even more happy that you would be gone from my life forever. However, we know it's ludicrous," his confessions ripped my already broken heart.

I clenched my jaw to shun my breakdown. The effect of his words should remain hidden from him. I can't be that fragile to get vanquished by anyone. When I know Gashmir wants me to feel the same.

Fisting the collar of his shirt I pulled him to my eye level. With the fierceness in my eyes I fired, "How sad we didn't always get what we want. But we have to learn how to deal with it. And if you thought you could get rid of me so soon then let me tell you. You are wrong." I pushed him back and turned to leave when I saw the elegant cat walking towards us.

Ignoring me he walked to Era with a bright smile, kissed Era on her cheeks. Wow! Why am I not surprised?! It's not even four hours since we got divorced and look at them they came together again like a shameless couple.

I walked back to the house muttering,"You were waiting for this huh?! I swear you will pay for this, Gashmir."