Beginning

PAST
— 2015

"Alright, that's about it." Y/N nodded as she looked at her packed stuff.

She's bound to leave tomorrow morning to join the Army.

She was about to take a shower when a rapid ringing of their doorbell was heard. Since her moms aren't home, she run downstairs to see what's with the rush.

As soon as she opened the door, she saw their neighbor, the actress, Scarlett Johansson. And she looked hurt and panicked.

"What's going on, Scar?" Y/N asked, her eyes widened at the state of their good neighbor.

"M-My water broke, I need h-help to go to the h-hospital. Please." Scarlett croaked out, she's also panting.

"Where's Mr. Dauriac? And did you walked all the way here?! Shit, wait, my moms aren't home, it's just me!" Y/N shouted as she looked for her car keys.

As soon as she found them, she grabbed it and a jacket for Scarlett. She then run outside and she wrapped the jacket around the actress.

"Let's go to my car." Y/N said, wrapping an arm around Scarlett's waist to help her. She's trying her best to remain calm, but inside, she's freaking out.

But she doesn't want Scarlett to get even more nervous, so she'll remain calm for her. Besides Scarlett is breathing heavily, groaning in pain here and there.

Y/N opened the passenger door and helped Scarlett inside, "We're not gonna buckle you, just hold onto the seatbelt, okay?" She said.

As soon as she got inside the driver's seat, she brought the car to life and drove off.

**

By the time that they arrived at the hospital, Scarlett was screaming in pain.

"You're gonna be okay, and little Rose will be too." Y/N whispered while Scarlett is laying on the hospital bed, being wheeled away to the delivery room.

Apparently she's ready to deliver her baby girl to the world, no need to wait much longer. And she's thankful for that, it hurts so bad.

"R-Rose?" Scarlett asked, groaning in the end.

Y/N blushed, nodding. "Well, you mentioned that it's a little girl and um, I just thought that Roses symbolizes everything that represents love and beauty, so that's my nickname for her, Rose." She explained, while smiling.

"That's cute." One of the nurses that's wheeling Scarlett away commented, smiling.

"T-That's beautiful." Scarlett smiles, sweats rolling down her face.

Y/N just smiles and wiped some of Scarlett's sweats using the back of her hand.

"This is it, just stay here—"

"Wait," Scarlett interrupted the nurse. "Can she come with me inside?"

"Of course, but what about your husband? There's only one person that can be with us inside." The nurse said.

"Just her, p-please." Scarlett stuttered.

Y/N can see the pain in Scarlett's eyes but she doesn't want to pry, especially at times like this. "I'll come with you."

With that, they proceeded inside.

"That's it, you're doing great! Just squeeze my hand if—" Y/N stopped herself when Scarlett did squeezed her hand, hard.

Scarlett pushed, screaming, tears rolling down her cheeks, then pushed again, and scream again and squeezing Y/N's hands.

After some more painful pushing, they heard a baby cry.

Y/N looked at the baby while she's being clean by the doctor and nurses, she's in awe. Even more so when the baby was placed on Scarlett's chest, the sight is forever tattooed in her memory.

"She's so beautiful," Y/N said in awe. "And you are too, Scar, you did such a good job."

Scarlett smiles warmly, she's thankful for Y/N. It's like if she wasn't there, she wouldn't have done all of it. "Thank you, so much, Y/N. Thank you." She said, her natural husky voice is huskier due to all the screaming that she did.

"Can I... can I hold her?" Y/N asked shyly. She loves kids. And this is just so special, she gets to see this little girl be brought to the world. It's amazing and she's in awe, with everything and with Scarlett.

"Of course, sweetie." Scarlett smiles and gently gave her baby girl to Y/N. And her heart literally melted at the sight.

"Hello, little Rose. I'm so glad I get to see you brought into this world. You're so cute... well, you kind of look like a cute little crunched potato because you just got out of your mom's inside—" Y/N stopped when she heard laughters from the nurses and the doctor, including Scarlett. "Why?" She asked as she looked around, confused.

"You're cute." Scarlett chuckled weakly.

Y/N blushed and looked back at the little girl. "As I was saying, I hope you'll be a good girl, especially to your mommy because she was so amazing bringing you into this world. It looked like it hurt, it probably did, so be a good girl, yeah? Cutie nugget." She cooed and giggled when the baby girl's tiny hands go up to her face.

Scarlett awed, totally melting.

"Here you go." Y/N whispered and gave the baby girl back, she smiles. "You did amazing, Scarlett."

Scarlett smiles widely, thanking Y/N. She was numb, couldn't feel anything. All she can feel is love for her baby girl and gratitude for Y/N.

"What's her name?" A nurse asked, holding a chart and a pen.

Scarlett smiles, biting her lip. She knows what her baby girl's name is. She just do. She took a deep breath and glanced at Y/N before she looked back down to her baby girl. "Her name is Rose."

Y/N's heart skipped a beat and she smiles widely. She crouch down and put her arm to the headboard and she caress Rose's tiny hand. "Rose."

Scarlett looked at Y/N, smiling. "Rose."