40

eunha's pov

"take care. i'm sorry i can't walk you home today," said jaemin, leaning against the frame of his front door.

"don't worry. it's still bright outside. rest well now that i'm leaving, okay?" i laughed.

"i will. i hope i can come to school tomorrow." he replied.

my right hand stretched out to feel the temperature of his forehead. i frowned and scrunched my nose before replying, "maybe not. you're still hot."

"i know," he quickly replied and only then i realized.

gosh he's such a flirt.

it's something only the bad boys do, rosé.

hey i flirt you too! i'm not a bad boy! jaemin isn't either.

shut up minhyung, i think i know better.

even in the midst of the chaos happening in my head, he still managed to make me smile with his laugh.

"are you heading straight home?" he asked after a few seconds of laughing.

"i think i'll stop by dream cafe to get my coffee before i head home. i have a movie night planned with yunhee." i said.

"alright, text me when you're home." he said and that was where we bid our goodbyes for the day.

i made my way straight to dream cafe but as soon as i stepped in the cafe, a scene caught me by surprise. the person i've longed to see and the person i want to avoid for the time being.

jeno.

and yunhee.

laughing,

together.

i wanted to turn around and walk away from the scene as i didn't want to bother them, but my curiosity was peaking and so i made my way slowly to their table.

"yunhee?" i called. i was a hundred percent sure it's yunhee but it's still confusing to me why she would be there, sharing the same table with jeno.

and they were laughing. didn't seem like two souls that just coincidentally met today.

"oh eunha!" she cheered and embraced me in a tight hug within seconds, "i missed you!"

"why are you here? you live an hour away!" i said as she let go of me.

"well i actually planned to surprise you but uh i guess it's a fail." she replied.

"uhm can you also explain why you're not alone right now?" i laughed and my eyes landed on jeno's but he gave me an awkward look.

"well since you have company now, i guess i should go. enjoy your movie night, yunhee!" jeno said, leaving the two of us in an instant.

"did he really just call you informally? come on, i need some explanations here!" i whined, still holding her hands.

"come on, let's chat somewhere else. i've been here for an hour and i only have a few hours left in this town. we can chat while we get ready for our movie night," she said, dragging me out of the cafe.

"lead the way to your place!" she said excitedly, pouring all her energy to jump around me.

"when did you arrive here?" i asked as i walked in the direction of my house.