🏮20. Confronting Denari

As Amber exited the side door, she saw the back of Denari running away. Behind him were all the people who previously praised him and mocked. She could hear them quietly jeering at Denari as she walked past them. She didn't care about the opinions of these types of people. They are the kind of people who praise you while you're successful and kick you down further when you fall. Fake fans, fake sincerity. The whole time it was clear that a part of them hated him and were jealous. To make themselves feel better about their lack of accomplishment, they decided to tear him down at the first available opportunity. She had no love or patience for these types of shallow people.

It hadn't been easy for her to make friends, people found her personality cold and abrasive. Most people found her precise, logical, and self serving even; perhaps she was. She wouldn't apologize for it though. She could see through people's fake exteriors and it made them feel uncomfortable. Creepy she's been called. Let people think of her as creepy then, that's also fine.

Amber sauntered after him at a relaxed pace with a smirk on her lips. She wasn't concerned about him getting away, since even while trying to escape, he still waddled. He was furiously bobbing back and forth, but still wasn't widening the gap between the two of them. It reminded her of a hungry penguin trying to quickly get to the water so that it can catch fish. His breathing became erratic with his struggle to escape.

She kept her hood low to cover up some of her appearance, but a predatory gleam still shined out from her violet eyes. As she followed his frantic footsteps, his long white robe twisted around his ankles and tripped him. He landed on his face and groaned with his nose in the dirt. As Amber approached him, she heard fast footsteps converging on her. She looked over and saw Denari's three concubines coming.

The red haired girl who wanted to attach herself to his arm, runs ahead of the other two who are going at a slower pace. The girl with the golden hair looked bored and was the slowest to reach him.

"How did this happen?" said the girl with dark auburn hair.

"Ah, my little Poppy," he said while pulling hard on the auburn haired girl's arm, trying to stand up.

Poppy stumbled under his weight, just as the blonde girl walked up to him. He grabbed hold of the blonde woman's dress to help himself stand up. A look of concern flashed on the blonde woman's face. Then she took hold of his arm and forced him up with the help of Poppy.

Once he stood up and released the blonde's dress, she stepped back while straightening it and checking for tears. She soon forgot all about him while looking at a stubborn wrinkle on beautiful yellow dress. Meanwhile he was breathing heavily with a flushed face, but she didn't glance in his direction once. Amber looked at her with curious eyes.

The peach haired woman didn't even glance his way until he was standing on his feet. Then she walked over to him while holding out a handkerchief.

"Ah Momo my beauty, you're always the most thoughtful," he said while smiling at her and taking her handkerchief.

Poppy stepped back while he rubbed his free hand along Momo's side and looked at her adoringly. Momo's facial expression slightly flashed into disgust before she put a gentle smile on her face. "My lord husband is the greatest man in the world, obviously it's this humble concubine's pleasure and honor to serve master.

His aged hand traveled down Momo's side and slid down to cup around her firm butt. He harshly squeezed through the fabric of her dress, his knuckles turning white with the strain of his grip on her. Amber could see Momo's jaw clench in hatred, but her eyes remained clear and the gentle smile on her face didn't waver. To someone that wasn't paying attention, she would appear like a pure angel, with her clear beautiful peach colored eyes. She looked like a refreshing and pure beauty.