Soldier

Author: Covid doesn't exist in this story. Also, I'm just trying out this kind of story, so bear with me if I make mistakes or something. This is pure fiction. Enjoy!

———

PRESENT
— 2021

"At last." Y/N sighed, smiling.

"You and me, both." James chuckled.

"I'm gonna miss y'all though." Zayn pouted as he cling onto Y/N's arm.

"We can always meet up, stupid." John said as he playfully rolled his eyes.

Just like that, they are both on the floor, fighting like children that stole each other's ice creams. While Harry just watches, laughing and munching on some peanuts.

Y/N and James chuckled, shaking their heads.

"Must be heart wrecking? To come back after six years?" James asked as he looked at Y/N.

Y/N looked at James, "Yeah. I can't imagine what it's like now, or would I even feel home. I'm just not sure what to expect."

James nodded and wrapped an arm around Y/N's shoulders, "One thing's for sure though, your moms will be very happy to see you."

Y/N smiles, "Yeah, me too."

Y/N L/N, twenty six years old. A soldier and after about one year of training, five years of deployment, she's finally coming back home.

Y/N is a daughter of two successful women, her maman (mom) Elise L/N is a French woman, very successful fashion designer that works for Chanel, and her mom Anastasia is an American director. Y/N is not adopted, after multiple tries from Elise's bone marrow, they finally done it and Y/N was made.

Unlike her parents, Y/N never dreamed of being a director or a fashion designer. What she wanted to do was build her own company just like her uncle Gabriel, her maman's brother. And be a soldier. She did the latter.

Since she's been in the service for six years, she earned lots of scars, especially on her back. She's not ashamed of them, but some of her scars are covered in tattoos. She loves how her scars can turn into something more meaningful, and you can only know they're there when you touch it. Some of it came from a very painful memories and tattoos are her way of turning them into something beautiful and worth telling stories about.

When she turned twenty years old, she decided that she'll join the Army, which really worried her family, but she already made up her mind. So, they just supported her and prayed for the best. At first they thought it will be just a year or two, but it turned to be three years, then it turned to four, five and six years. And because of that long years of being in the service, she earned the rank of being a Captain, that's also why she couldn't come home sooner. She was buried with a lot of responsibility and work.

She lead men and women, and some are older than her. But they all respect her and they know not to cross her line. Yes, she's a kind leader, but they know not to disobey her or what. And she literally worked her ass off to be where she is now.

She also got her own team, The Alpha Team: James Sky, twenty eight years old. Harry Jacobs, twenty eight years old. John Williams, twenty seven years old. Zayn Layne, twenty six years old. They're more than a team, they are family. They got each other's backs no matter what.

Y/N knew from the start that she won't come home so soon, but she didn't really expect everything that happened. Because she intentionally joined the army to be in the medical team, since she took Medicine in college. But then something happened that made the higher ranks decided to put her in the battlefield.

"Hey, hey, keep your eyes open!" Y/N shouted as the soldier she was treating was slowly losing into consciousness. She pressed onto the wound to maintain the bleeding.

Suddenly, there was commotion outside and a lot of yelling and gun shots. Everyone inside the small tent felt scared.

Then three terrorists came in, holding guns.

The nurses and doctors screamed, except for Y/N. She gulped and remain calm, she shook her head and continue treating the soldier. She cannot let her fear interfere, this soldier will die.

"Everyone stop what you all are doing! Or we won't hesitate to kill all of you!" One of them shouted. "I want every doctors and nurses with us! You will treat our men or we will kill all of you!" He added, firing to the roof to scare them even more.

The doctors and nurses shakily nodded, they didn't want to die.

Though, Y/N didn't stopped. She kept with her treatment, her face was void with any emotion. She's too focused keeping this soldier alive. And she knows they won't just kill her, they also need people to treat their men. They have been trying to take the nurses and doctors ever since this whole war broke out.

"Hey, you! I fucking said stop!"

Y/N knows he was talking to her, but she didn't budged. Of course she feel scared, but they had lost many men and women already, she won't lose this one too. It's too much.

"I can't, he's bleeding to death." Y/N answered, very calm and firm. She almost didn't recognized herself, this isn't the shy and innocent Y/N. But being here, she learned a lot. Being shy and innocent will get you killed out here.

"What the fuck you were saying?!" The terrorist yelled and walked towards Y/N, he pointed the gun at her head. "Stop that and come with us or you'll die!"

Y/N felt her heart stopped for a second, this is the first time that someone pointed a gun at her. She licked her dry lips as she gulped, she tries to keep her breathing calm. "O-Okay, okay." She said, she then looked at the soldier. "Keep your hands here." She instructed to the soldier.

The soldier weakly nodded and hold onto his wound.

"Put your fucking hands up and turn around!" The terrorist yelled.

Y/N raised her hands, then she slowly turned around. She saw the other two terrorists by the entrance, while the doctors and nurses scattered around, looking terrified for their lives. She made a quick choice, either live and go with these bad people and for them to die later on, or stay and fight with the chance of survival.

The groans of pain from the soldiers broke Y/N's heart. There's no way she'll leave without a fight and be killed by the hands of terrorist.

So, she made her decision.

"You're too close." Y/N mumbled.

"What?" The terrorist asked.

Y/N didn't say anything and quickly moved her head aside, then she punched his face and took the gun from him. She didn't hesitate to fire and killed him, then she quickly turned around and fired two times at the entrance, also killing the two other terrorists. Her heart is beating so fast with what just happened, she just killed a human being.

Before she fall into a panic attack, she gathered herself and shouldered the gun. Just in case this happens again, she needs to be ready. She looks around and saw everyone, even the soldiers, they all looked shocked.

"Get to work, everyone. Let's keep these soldiers alive." Y/N said and immediately went back to her treatment. The doctors and nurses followed suit.

After that, they stationed her in the field and it was actually more helpful because she's there if a soldier is hit, she can help them beforehand and then transfer them to the base. And at the same time, she's helping with the fight.

"Anyone you missed, then? Aside from your family?" James asked after some time.

This got the three's attentions.

"Perhaps, by the name of... Scarlett?" Zayn teased, grinning.

Y/N raised an eyebrow, "What makes you say that?" She asked, confused.

"Because you always talk about her?" John answered.