Chapter 2

Maybe I was being overly paranoid after watching Annabelle no less than two hours ago before I went to sleep but that didn't stop me from grabbing my gun to inspect the noise that I heard downstairs. I was so close to slipping into the hands of slumber but then a thumping sound came from downstairs and caused me to wake up right away. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, 'Don't go down there! You don't know what can be waiting to kill you!'. If this was a horror movie, this is where I probably would walk right into an all too predictable death. Well this isn't a horror movie so you can shove it.

"Cee? What the hell was that sound? And why the hell do you have a gun?" My sisters sleep filled voice asked from behind me, scaring me slightly.

"Fucking hell!" I muttered after turning around. "We're two young women living by ourselves. Why else would I have a gun?"

"Do you even know how to use it?" She crossed her arms in front of her after rubbing her eyes a bit.

"Of course I know how to! Why the hell would I buy a-" I got cut off by another thump in the house but this time it was louder. "Shh." I motioned to Mimi as I quietly headed down the stairs, swiftly switching the safety off and cocking the gun, just in case I had to defend my sister and myself. God, this is what I get for watching that fucking movie this late at night. I thought to myself after turning on one of the hall lights. So far I didn't see anything. Making sure Mimi was still behind me, I continued to trekking my own halls with my gun prepared.

Just when I was about to call this whole thing off and just settling with me being paranoid, a loud crashing sound came from the kitchen. Looking at each other quickly, we both rushed into the kitchen and flipped on the light. We let out a scream of surprise when we saw it was our friend Richie.

"Richie?! What the hell you ass! I was ready to unload on you!" I clicked the safety on my gun, not wanting any accidents. Wait, hold the fuck up. We locked the fucking doors and windows. How did he get in? We don't have a spare key that our friends know about. This whole thing was becoming sketchy... As a matter of fact, Richie was being sketchy earlier when he texted me.

"Sorry girls, didn't mean to scare you." Okay, something seriously wasn't right here, my gut was even telling me.

"What are you doing here? Let alone how in the world did you get into our home?!" I made sure to keep Mimi by my side. Nothing was adding up about this situation.

For a quick second I swore I saw Richie's eyes flash all black. I must be fucking tired to be seeing things. After my momentary lapse of judgement, Richie gave both my sister and I a sick, twister smile. "Oh you know, just popping in to finish off the last of the Masters!" Suddenly a force flung me and Mimi back into the wall of the living room. Okay what in the actual fuck is going on?! Richie, or what I thought was Richie stepped over to my sister with a sinister grin on his face. Not my sister you don't!