Chapter 88

Zara POV

Blaze always boxed me in wherever we went.

If I sat in the corner he would sit right next to me so no one could take the seat. It was so suffocating that I thought if I had to see his face one more time I would he claustrophobia. My wolf had snorted at that.

For him, the more I refuse the better the thrill of the hunt. Stupid knuckle-headed werewolves.

Once a girl in front of me had asked if my eyes were real. And I rolled my eyes. If it's not the gazillionth tome I had to hear this question. I told her they are real and I could donate it to there for free if she could take the brooding alpha king that came as a bonus with it. Blaze had scowled at that and Jake who was sitting beside him bit back his laughter. He had helped spread oi the rest of the gang who thought it was hilarious.

But I didn't mind since I wasn't the hot topic today.

Jason couldn't show his face in school after the article is posted.

His notorious image crumbled and he had to hide his face with a hoodie all the time to keep people from approaching. Kinda reminded me of myself in high school.

I was enjoying how he had to slink around the college from one place to another never showing his face to anyone and never staying for too long after the class was done. Stacey was also elated at what had happened and enjoying very much the fact that he couldn't even join us for lunch. Jason accused Stacy of pulling the prank during lunch break and she said and I quote, "I didn't do it but I wish I did. Praise the moongoddess for letting justice be served!"

I was enjoying it too. Blaze and Raven looked at me suspiciously. As if they knew I did it. Whatever.

Stacy also watched Raven a lot these days. I thought Raven was over Drake. I wonder what that's about. And then she would look at me and smirk. That girl was so confusing these days.

I am having a stressful time for a million reasons. Blaze wanted to switch up our date yesterday and decided to take me to buy clothes. When I threatened to rip out his face for it, he threatened me with Zarine. Shameless wolf.

In the end, it's obvious who won. He got to doll me up for nearly three hours(yes three hours, didn't know he was so into clothes) and took some pictures to send my parents as well. Some of them were dresses and since the store was the high end they even did my hair to match the dress. Some of them had it in a bun, some of them had it just out. His eyes popped out with the dresses, especially. He looked like he enjoyed himself to the fullest while the material of the garments just made my skin itchy.

Many of the staff admired my hair color and length. And Blaze looked like he got to show off a new toy. Of course, the males were still shooed away, to put it nicely.

What's weird however was how he bought off most of the clothes at the end. When I asked him why he used to pack money so unnecessarily, he looked offended and told me this was his own income collected over the years. What would he spend it on? Rent? Groceries? Pack houses supplied all of these. And I could guess he would get a pretty hefty cut every month. Despite not even being the king yet.

Speaking of which, he had the coronation ceremony today which means I would have a few hours off. He invited me to the event and I turned it down without hesitation. He had it in his head that I should attend as the pack luna but then I glared at him and he didn't push it. I think Blaze had hoped I would show up in one of these fancy dresses to attend his coronation which was a high-class event. He had good imagination I will give you that. He probably figured out it would be best not to force me into it since I could ruin it for him.