Chapter 23

He keeps her close in his arms. Once she stops crying he makes her look at him "What happened", she could see his eyes reflecting worry. She just shakes her head "Nothing.. it's nothing", he looks at her "It's definitely something.. you cried so much.. and you were pushing everything around in anger". She tries to get out of his hold "It's nothing.. just leave me alone", he holds her firmly "No I'm not.. something is bothering you.. you are not ready to tell me.. fine.. atleast let me be with you".

She stops struggling in his arms "Can we go back to my house", he nods. They go back, she unlocks the door, he was shocked seeing the condition of the house. She had thrown everything down and pushed everything away, the flower vases were broken and her books were lying in the floor. She looks at her living room and then looks at him "It's.. it's nothing.. I'll clean it up". She goes to clean the mess, she was about to step on the broken vase piece, Yash shouts her to stop "Unnati stop". She gets startled and stops and turns to look at him "Ha.. haan what happened".

He goes near her and cups her face "Darling what happened to you.. see you would have stepped on the broken ceramic pieces.. you would have got hurt darling". She looks down and sees the pieces of the broken vase "I.. I didn't see". He makes her sit down on the couch "You sit here.. I'll clean this", he cleans all the mess she had created. He goes and sits next to her while she keeps looking at the wall with a lost expression. He holds her hand bringing her attention back, she looks at him "What happened Unnati.. tell me.. anything happened?.. did anyone say anything?..".

She keeps looking at him without saying anything "Will you marry me", he looks at her surprised "I.. Ofcourse darling.. I wanted to ask this to you today..". She keeps looking at him "Right now?", He looks at her shocked "What". She keeps looking at him "Will you", he keeps looking at her trying to figure out if she is serious. He tries to hold her "What happened to you darling.. please tell me.. you are scaring me". She doesn't answer him instead asks him the same question again "Will you or will you not?".

He nods looking at her "Yes I will.. I will marry you even this moment darling.. but what happened.. why are asking all this". She looks at him "Come let's go and get married right now", he keeps looking at her shocked "Now?.. but darling..", she stands up "You don't want to?". He didn't know what had gotten into her that she kept on insisting to get married right now. He knew something had happened to her, he wouldn't mind getting married to her right now.. this moment also, that's all he wanted to have her with him but he wanted to get married to her in a grand manner only to shut the mouths of people who dared to speak against her.

One thing he was sure of if she wants to get married now then be it, he will get married to her now if that's what will make her happy. He stands up and holds her hand "Come let's go". He makes her sit in the car "I'll be back just give me a few minutes", she just nods. He goes to call his family and inform them about the situation.

His father tries to talk to him "But Yash.. it's so late.. where will you go and get married.. Yash bring her home.. we will talk to her", Yash "I don't know Nanna.. but I will find out a way", "just come home soon children". It was already half past eight, Yash knew all the temples will be closing by half past nine. He drives to the temple he visits the most, Lord Vishnu's temple, she keeps looking at him while he drives, he can never be what Vedant thinks him to be.. my Yash can never be that.. he will never leave me.. not now not ever.

He sees the temple still open, he takes her inside and goes to talk to the priest. The priest agrees to get them married with a simple ceremony. The priest sets up the havan while in the time Ayush and Nisha also arrive. Yash "Anna Vadina", Unnati looks at them and mutters a small 'Hi'. Nisha goes and hugs Unnati "You are finally coming to our house Unni.. I'm so happy", Ayush too smiles "I'm happy my brother is getting married.. though I didn't expect it to be like this.. but it's okay.. we can get you both married again in a grand manner later".