Thirty-Six

« 36–POWERLESS »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Alec dabbed a cloth at Talia's neck, wiping the drying blood that had dripped down from her ears and canvased her pale skin

~~~•~~~
Alec dabbed a cloth at Talia's neck, wiping the drying blood that had dripped down from her ears and canvased her pale skin.

When she had hoped for a bit of colour on her over the summer break, this is not what she had in mind.

She winced as the cloth caught on a bit of dried blood that clung to her sensitive neck. Alec shot his eyes up, muttering an apology whilst pressing a kiss to her lips. Shuffling himself forward, he placed his other hand beside the cloth so he had more control over the action.

Talia smiled at his concentrated form. His eyes were latched onto the task at hand, but there was a certain gentleness only he had with her intwined with his actions.

From the step she and Alec were sat on, Talia surveyed the courtyard of the Institute. It was quite plain in comparison to the indoor training room, but there was something irreplaceable about the feeling of being able to train in the open air.

She took a deep breath of air, just to embrace the smell of pine wood. And Jace's cologne.

Talia rolled her eyes as he continuously sprayed himself with Lynx Africa as if he worried there wasn't enough pollution in the New York air.

"Jace? Are you trying to suffocate us? Or is this an elite type of torture you're working on to take us all back to high school locker rooms?" Talia scoffed.

Jace paused his actions and whirled round to face her as Alec continued cleaning her up. Pulling a confused face at her for a moment.

She'd insisted on being outside of the Institute as soon as Rhianne had seen her over in the infirmary and given her a sling for her right arm after the strain of power drawn from that shoulder with her mark imprint.

"You know I enjoy torturing you, of course T," Jace smirked, then indicating to Alec with his sword held in his palm, "You gonna let me spar with him for a bit?"

Talia mocked a hand in thought on her chin, "Hmmm but he's giving me so much attention, why would I let you have him?"

"I'm literally right here."

Alec flicked her forehead. He turned to pick up the 'medicine' Rhianne had left for her to take periodically for the migraine that had surfaced.

Talia guessed it was just some crushed up paracetamol with a fruit shoot added in for the purple colouring. Yummy.

She thanked him as he passed the drink to her, his blue eyes full of concern and adoration for her.

A dark curl fell to his forehead as he examined her skin, looking over his handiwork for any imperfections.

Talia reached her free hand up to tuck the strand back into his hair, admiring the delicate fluffiness that caressed her fingertips.

A goofy smile claimed his features as he watched her care in the action. Alec's eyes bore into Talia's and she smiled widely in return.