8. My family.

SATOSHI'S POV

I woke up and saw myself in an unfamiliar room. I smelled wisteria flowers. I recalled what had happened and then I remembered that I was fighting Rina, the former lower moon 6 and how I blacked out after killing her. Then, the door on my right opened and came in an elderly woman. I asked her where I was and how I reached there, to which she replied that I was brought at a place called Wisteria Family House or something like that. It's basically a place where the demon slayers are treated and given food, place to sleep and the necessary needs free of charge. It was because sometime in the past, the Fuji family was saved from Demons by the Demon Slayer Corps. To express their gratitude, the family designed their family crest with a Wisteria flower so corps members would be able to identify the home, and stay there free of charge. The elderly woman also told me that I was brought here by a kakushi. The Kakushi are a brigade responsible for different tasks, which can range from providing services to Corps members to cleaning up the battlefield after Demon attacks. I nodded to her and thanked her for allowing me to stay there.

After she left the room, my crow came and told me that I would not be recieving a mission for the next 5-7 days. After hearing that, I decided to visit my family. After leaving for training three years ago, I had never met them, so I decided to spend my time with them when I had the chance.

The next day.

I was feeling much better now thanks to the treatment I got in the wisteria family.  I bowed once again to the elderly woman before I bid my goodbye to her. After walking for almost 7 hours, I finally reached the mountainside where I grew up. I ran as fast as I could as I was able to pick up the scent of my family. I ran and ran and ran after a while, I saw my mother with a basket full of vegetables. I called out excitedly and happily, "Mother!! I'm home!! She heard me and looked towards me. Upon seeing me, she dropped her basket, ran towards me and gave me an embrace with happy tears running down her cheek. I returned her embrace and after a while, she started talking, "Why didn't you contact us for the past 3 years? You could have atleast sent letters saying that you were fine. We were so worried about you." She said. "I m sorry mother, I was just so busy. But for now, I got the news that I won't be recieving any missions for the next 5-7 days, so I decided to come here to spend time with you guys." Hearing this, my mom smiled and she suggested that we should go home.

As soon as we reached the front door, I took a deep breath and opened it. After opening it, I entered the living room and I saw Father playing with Tanjiro and Nezuko. I smiled seeing this and I walked up slowly towards him and hugged him from behind and said, "Father, I m home." Upon hearing my voice, he turned around and embraced me. I returned the embrace. After around 10 seconds, he pulled out of the embrace and said, "So, you are home, son." Before I could answer, Nezuko pulled my haori, I turned around and picked her up and embraced her. Then Tanjiro spoke, "Who is he, father?" To which father replied, "He is your older brother, Tanjiro." I also embraced him and spoke, "Tanjiro, Nezuko, I m your big brother, Satoshi Kamado. Hearing this, Tanjiro's eye widened and asked, "So, you are my brother? Mother and Father always tells me and Nezuko stories about you, brother? I simply smiled at how cute he looked and I nodded.

That day, we had a lot of fun playing together. Tanjiro was very kind and nezuko was the same. They were very energetic and loved playing.

I told my stories to mom and dad about my training, the final selection and my first mission and also how I used Hinokami Kagura to defeat the demon. They told me that they were very proud of me. I didn't tell my stories to Tanjiro and Nezuko since they were very small.

It was 6th day of me staying with them and out of nowhere, my crow suddenly came and told me to head towards a town in the southeast, since many children were going missing. It was time for me to say goodbye to my family but before I could go, father stopped me, "Satoshi, before you go, I would like you to take these. This is a new pair of Hanafuda earrings which I made myself. I still have another pair which I m wearing which I will give to Tanjiro when the time comes. This hanafuda earrings and the Hinokami Kagura Dance are gifts for you from our side. Remember, we believe in you, Satoshi." "Thank you very much, Father. I will always cherish them." I replied and I took the hanafuda earrings and wore it, and I  bid my goodbye to them.

To be continued.......

889 words.