𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 21

"So you thought she called him?"  Jace scoffs and I shift my gaze from the punching bag in front of me to him

"Yes, I'm an asshole, thank you for the unnecessary reminder." I glare at him before throwing another punch onto the bag. 

"Well did you apologize?" 

"Can you breath?" I ask him and he hesitantly nods. 

"Exactly," I mumble as I continue punching the bag in front of me. 

"Oh, did you get the cinderella necklace?" he asks. 

"Yeah." 

"Great, she's going to love it." 

"Yeah, whatever,"  I mumble. 

"Well, I'm going to take off, good luck with Soph." he says walking out my gym. 

The image of Sophia between Trey and the door floods my mind, causing me to beat the shit out of this bag. 

I spend a good hour in the gym, I walk out, sweat dripping down my body. I need a shower. 

"Axton!" I roll my eyes from the familiar voice. I should have killed Corbin when mom left us alone in the park when we were five. 

"What?" I ask, turning around to see him, for the first time in months. 

"Bro, I missed you! What you say about giving me a minor position, just part-time," he smirks and at this point, he looks like a good punching bag. 

"What do you say about leaving and never calling me again?" 

"You ungrateful son of a bitch! I give you my company and you refuse to offer me a position?" Is this asshole serious? 

"First of all, you're under my roof so lower your fucking voice, and you and your shitty father forced this company onto me, I saved it after you two almost lost it. So it's my company. Now it's mom's birthday, so pull your fucking self together and don't ruin it for her." I walk away to my room. 

My mind wonders about when Sophia was dating Trey, she was really happy at first. But a while before that, I was planning on telling her how I felt, I knew she felt the same way, who wouldn't? Sophia and I have this connection, that you can feel even when we're at the other end of the room. We have that chemistry that I always tried to deny, because well, she was my best friend, but now she's so much more. 

Even three years ago when I got my shit together, I was so ready to ask her to be my girlfriend. 

Flashback. 

"Why are we at Tiffany's?" Jace asks as we walk in. 

"Shut up, you'll see," I tell him. 

"Mr.McKay. Here's your order, wrapped and ready."  I'm handed the bag which I paid for a few weeks ago. 

"Is that for your mom?" Jace asks, clearly confused.