𝟏𝟔 | 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞.

Nothing but the sounds of the Armored Titan's stomps could be heard throughout the empty fields as he ran

Nothing but the sounds of the Armored Titan's stomps could be heard throughout the empty fields as he ran. It was incredibly silent between all of you as you anxiously awaited to get to Wall Maria.

After five long years, you were so close to going home.

But this definitely wasn't the way you expected it to go. First of all, you died. You were dead. If it weren't for your Titan power, you'd be long gone. That should've been more than enough reason to let everyone know this situation was doomed from the beginning.

Second of all, where the hell is Annie?

You couldn't believe the words even came out of Bertholdt's Annie-worshipping mouth to leave Annie behind. He had to be scared shitless to even consider leaving his beloved on that island. And you were worried sick. You couldn't think of anything but the worst of what happened to her. You tried to keep good spirits, knowing that Annie is the best of the best, but everyone has their weak points. Maybe someone finally figured out hers.

Lastly, you've all been basically winging it this whole time, and you knew between two people who destroyed an entire city, you who helped them do it, and a girl who ate a kid as a Titan; your luck was on thin ice. Hell, not ice, your luck was gliding on water.

You'd just have to hope for the best and pray you made it out on the other end.

Historia's coughs suddenly hacked out into the silence, making you and Bertholdt turn around to get a look.

She was being held in the Jaw Titan's claws, covered in slimey saliva from head to toe. You grimaced at the sight of Historia coughing some up. Yuck. Ymir's figure soon joined her, appearing from her Titan's nape with a short burst of steam.

"Historia. I'm sorry for eating you." Ymir coughed, "I know you're probably pissed, but it was the only way to get you."

"What's going on?" Historia asked, concerned more than mad, "Talk to me! We came to rescue you and Eren—"

"Just shut up!" Ymir snapped, earning a shocked look from Historia, "I don't need rescuing! Things have changed; I'm with them now. And like it or not, you're coming with us."