34. A Fishing lesson (Sai)

This was a long, tiring day. The determination to prepare everything necessary for the Great Assembly and assist Dey in every way possible kept me focused and active the whole afternoon till late in the evening. I should have ordered dinner for us and gone straight to Dey's room, but I didn't. I decided to do something else first. And now I'm suffering the consequences.

   I lean my back on the cool, marble wall next to his door and take few deep breaths to gather the courage to enter. My face is burning. My hands are shaking. I've never been so exhausted and startled in my whole life. God help me! Trickles of sweat are running down my temples. I gulp heavily. No doubt, he knew about this. I'm sure he is experienced. It's obvious. But I didn't know. I didn't have a clue. And now I'm so hot and bothered that I barely breathe. Maybe, I should have waited for him to tell me. I should have been more patient.

   I hear voices down the corridor. A group of girls are approaching, talking and giggling. 

   "Did you see them holding hands?" one of them whispers. "They are both so handsome! I would marry either of them and even both at the same time!" 

   "Hush, silly!" another hisses. "We're in front of The Sand Snake's room. He'll slit your throat, if he hears your nonsense."

   "He's The High Protector now," the other answers. "He's here to save us, not to cause harm. The person who is blessed to touch The Chosen can never be cruel."

   "Aaaah, I'm dying to touch Prince Sai. He is as beautiful as the stars in the night sky," her friend gasps. "I've always been in love with him."

   "You can't be in love with the God's Whisper," the third sneers. "You're just a servant." 

   "Oh, please!" my admirer retorts indignantly. "Everyone knows that you love the prinx. You'd do anything to be the one to serve their meals. Don't deny that you stole their earring. It's still under your pillow." 

   "And what if I did?" the other squeaks. "At least I still have a chance."

   "Hahaha! A frog has a better chance to fly..."

   They are already too close. I hear their steps right behind the corner. They'll see me any second. I have no choice but to sneak through the door and quickly shut it behind me. Naughty girls! I chuckle. Arxia will blush like crazy when I tell them. It will be clearly visible even under their make-up. The following knock makes me jump.

   "Your Highness," one of the girls calls. "Dinner is here. May we come in?"

   I quickly look around. Dey is nowhere to be seen. Tasla is stretched out by the pool, lazily dipping his paw in the water, trying to get one of the carps. He has obviously decided that this is our new bedroom. I wouldn't disagree. I sit on the bed, pretending to be sleepy and relaxed and answer, "Yes, please enter!"

   The moment the girls step into the room, I hear a splash behind my back. They start shrieking and gasping, gazing behind me, almost dropping the platters. I turn around and my jar drops. Dey is standing in the middle of the pool, naked, grinning from ear to ear. His wet hair covers his shoulders. Water droplets are streaking down his tanned, ripped chest, glistening at the light of the candles. He is holding a golden fish in his hand.

   "See," he waves it under Tasla's nose. "If you want it, you have to get wet, you slacker."

   A plate clanks on the floor. He raises his gaze and smirks, "Oh, excuse me ladies!" Then dives under the water again, together with the fish. 

    I glance at the girls. They are all standing frozen. "Come on!" I snort, trying not to laugh out. "Leave the food on the table." It takes a few more minutes for them to gather up and serve dinner before running out. Loud giggles erupt seconds after the door closes behind them.

   I'm still blinking after the noisy group when two arms wrap around me and Dey glues to my back. "Heyy, what took you so long?" he purrs in my ear. "We were missing you. I think the kitty is hungry. What do you feed him?"

   "Stop! You are wetting all my clothes," I mumble. 

    "Mmm, you're right," he chuckles. "Now, you'll have to take them off." He turns me to face him and raises a brow, "Why are you so flustered? Did the girls bother you?"

   "No," I shake my head. "Well, just a little."

   "Has something happened?" he insists. "You look as if you've seen a ghost."

   "This is for Tasla," I point at a large bowl of raw meat, avoiding the question. "You can take it to the terrace, so he will be able to climb down to the garden after eating. He usually runs outside all night."

   Dey pecks my lips, takes the bowl and heads outside. I'm astonished how confident he is, walking around with no clothes on. He has every right to be so. Everything in him is pure perfection. Tasla immediately jumps and follows him. 

   "Come kitty," he pets his head. "This is better than the fish. Let's give some time to our precious Moon to ease up and tell us what's wrong."

   My face turns bright red, but I keep quiet and start peeling the soaked tunic off my body. I don't really know how to tell him, but finally decide that being completely honest is the best way.

   "I went to see the healers," I mutter under my breath. 

   "Why? Are you ill?" Dey sits next to me and pulls me on his lap. "Why didn't you tell me that you're not feeling well? It was a crazy day. Maybe, you're too tense. You shouldn't worry so much. No need to stress out."

   "No, I'm fine," I lean my head on his shoulder. "I asked them to perform the ritual."

   "What ritual?" Dey asks puzzled, but then his eyes widen. "Oh, the ritual! You mean the one for coming of age. They told you everything about being intimate."

   I turn a brighter shade of red and only nod.

   "Impatient, huh?" he smirks, squeezing me closer. "And what do you think?"

   "I think I'm ready," I whisper, "but I'm not sure at the same time."

   "In that case, you will simply have to trust me," he smiles. "I know better than any healer exactly what you need."

_____________________________________________

Photo 224217130 © Dimasandhika80 | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 34!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Dey is getting along great with Tasla.

How do you think the jaguar's first meeting with Harda will go?

Do you think that Sai was too impatient and should have waited some more instead of going through the ritual?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny