9

Arthur's P.O.V
'What is this heavy sensation pressing down on my body? Is this monster the personification of my worries? My burdens? The expectations placed on me, haunting me even in my sleep.' I thought before I felt this pain in my stomach. "Art!! Good morning! Wakey Wakey!!" I heard a voice said to me as I gasped in pain. "Not now, shadow monster. Five more minutes." I said before I heard them huff. "Why are you calling me a shadow monster." I heard the voice say before I heard someone sniffle.

"Arthur!! What did you say to my sister to make her cry!" I heard another voice said before I felt another pain in my stomach causing me to pitch up. "Oww!! What was that for?!" I asked her as I looked towards her to see Rose bury into her neck. "How dare you call Rose a shadow monster." she said as I looked at Rose who wouldn't look at me. "Rose... I'm sorry. Don't be sad." I told her as she slowly look at me. "Okay... I won't. Now get up and get dressed." she said as I nervously looked at her before getting up.

"Your hair looks funny." Tess told to me as Rose kept poking me in my stomach as I pushed her hand away. "You're one to talk, Mini-Medusa." I told her as I heard her Huff besides me. "Hey, Hey Art, is it true you're going to stay here? Grandpa told us this morning that you are." Rose told me as he continued poking me. "Maybe. We'll know for sure after the trip with Elder Virion, Princess." I told her as I pushed her hand away with an annoyed expression. Suddenly I felt her pinch my side. "Ouch!" I exclaimed as she appeared in my face as I moved away because she was so close.

"Not princess... Rose! R-O-S-E. I'm going to get really angry if you keep doing that!" She said as she got closer with each word. "Okay, Okay! Now, let me shower and get ready. Unless you want to watch, I suggest you leave the room, Rose, Tess." I told her as I saw her blush slightly before she left the room. "Ew... How perverted!" Tess said as her face showed disgust. "Don't use words you probably don't know!" I exclaimed before I pushed her out of the room.

After I finished washing up, I made it to the entrance where I could hear Rose's voice. "Father, please!" she exclaimed before I heard her father talk after me. "You know it's not appropriate for a human to be residing within this kingdom!" King Alduin said as I walked out the door where I saw the King and Queen standing in front of a carriage. "Alduin is right, Elder Virion. I'll always be greatful to the boy for saving Rose, but allowing a human to stay here goes against all traditions." Queen Merial said agreeing with her husband.

"I've taken a liking to the brat. There's no need to say more. Besides, your daughters seems to approve of my decision as well." Elder Virion said as I saw Rose shake her head up and down vigorously. "F-Father, I ask that you reconsider-" King Alduin said before he was cut off by his father. "Enough. He will be under my direct guidance. Make sure everyone in the Kingdom knows that." Elder Virion said as I made my way down the staircase. 'Looks like the Elder really can be trusted.' I thought as I made my way to the carriage.

"You're late, brat! We should hurry!" Elder Virion said as I bowed to the King and Queen before entering. "So, how much longer do we have left to go, Gramps?" I asked him as he sat up, Tessia besides him and Rose next to me. "Gramps, eh? Well aren't you awfully comfortable with me now." He as I leaned forward. "Well... We'll have to see how today goes with your mysterious friend." I responded before I felt a weight on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Rose head on my shoulder as she slept. "She woke up so early today, bugging me about you." Elder Virion said as he leaned forward. "Is that right?" I asked him as he cupped her face.

"Being the second princess of this kingdom caused her to grow up in a lonely environment with only Tessia to keep her company. And even then, with Tessia's being the heir to the throne, her time with her is cut short. She's been hurt too many times by both adults and even children pretending to be her friend just to get close to Tessia. Eventually, she grew cold and distant, building a wall around herself only letting some emotions show with Tessia. In that short time that I've seen her with you, she has shown me more smiles and laughs than she has in the last few years. For that, thank you." Elder Virion said as soften my eyes at the girl sleeping on my shoulder.