Extra: Prince or Princess? (2/2)

Ophelia stared at her parents sullenly. Why was she sad, one may ask? Well ... it all started when Ophelia decided at 8 months pregnant that she wanted to surface onto the mortal land.

Without telling anyone of course :)

Cue the absolute panic party known as her husband and her little leeches... I mean, children.

As to why Ophelia was sullen?

Well her father, Thanatos just happened to be on soul collecting duty and spotted Ophelia who passed by a car accident.

Thanatos at the time was unaware that she had snuck out without informing anyone and greeted his heavily pregnant daughter.

Again, why was she sullen?

Hestia with her mama radar caught up with them and snitched on Ophelia to Thanatos who in turn carefully took her back to the underworld; but not back to the palace.

Ophelia hugged her owl plushy pillow as her mom lectured her for nearly half an hour before leaving.

Ophelia was sullen because she was put on house arrest in her father's home for the time being until Hades retrieves her.

Her father let out a big sigh and lovingly patted her head, leaving her alone to take a nap.

Ophelia looked around her bedroom, ever since she got married to Hades she never returned to sleep in said room.

She was instantly hit with nostalgia.

While Ophelia was reminiscing about her early days as the Master of Death, her husband was finally alerted about her whereabouts.

Since then, Ophelia was on home arrest for the entirety of her pregnancy.

***

Ophelia looked at the color swatches with serious contemplation, which one should she choose?

A teenage hand slid another color in front of her which was quickly joined by two others.

She snorted, "Really? Black, Gray, Navy? It's a nursery not a teenager's den."

She held up a soft yellow.

"Agh! Too bright mom, it's hurting my eyes." Nico cried out, as if the color physically hurt him.

Bianca rolled her eyes at her little idiot, "Nico...Your boyfriend's hair is brighter than that, you hypocrite."

Nico stuck his tongue out childishly in response as Bianca flipped him the birdy.

"You two idiots behave." Melinoe said like all older siblings. "Anyways, mom, this blue is cuter."

"Actually, the purple is cuter." Bianca butted in.

Nico laughed, "You're both wrong. Gray is a neutral awesome color." Two birdies turned his way.

Ophelia ignored her children and husband, who was busy asking (interrogating) an employee.

She quickly chose a color and sent the employee away from the palace and away from her husband.

She rubbed her pregnant belly and softly whispered, "Please come quickly...and be sane."

***

Ophelia was on her last week before her expected delivery date.

At the moment, she was acting coquettishly with Hades who was working. However due to Ophelia being fond of embarrassing her husband over the decades.