2. coffee + salt

002

002

Devora's fingers glided against the keyboard at her desk, skimming through her notes, making sure everything was up to date, and crossing some things off as finished.

She looked at the numbers representing the time of day, to her it felt like she started work hours ago. However, she was crushed to see that it had only been four hours since she came to work at eight.

It was completely her choice to come in so early. Hoseok came in about an hour and thirty minutes after she did and he always tried to talk her out of arriving so early.

She thought it was best to go in early, to get a head start on her work.

Either way, home was the last place where she wanted to spend her time. It was havoc in there, almost like a tornado had hit her home, in the middle of Seoul, with all the boxes and unorganized home essentials everywhere.

Devora was just too overwhelmed with work to try and clean up the clutter, and it had only been about a week since she moved out of her parent's home.

Her mother promised she would go over that weekend and help her with all the labor, but something told Devora that she had to do it on her own.

It was her first apartment that she would be paying the bills in, shouldn't she be capable of cleaning by herself?

"Dev, aren't you going to take a lunch break?" Hoseok peeped his head out from his office, and that same heart-warming smile fastened to his lips.

She shook her head, "No, that's okay, Hoseok. I actually had a big breakfast." Politely dismissing his question.

If one would consider two eggs in a basket a big breakfast — then it was true.

He stepped out to her desk, "The photography team will be here in about-" he glanced down at the shiny gold watch on his wrist, "Forty-five minutes."

"Do you think you can pick up coffee for us?" Hoseok requested, "Something for yourself too, of course, if you feel the need to wake up."

She accepted her usual task, completely touched by how lenient he was, even after being there for almost a month.

Devora grabbed a pocket notebook out from her purse wrapped over her seat, "Sure I can! Will you tell me the orders?"

Going out and making coffee runs wasn't a big deal for her, she didn't think of it as a bad thing.

Actually, she loved making errands that called for her to drive around. It gave her a succinct moment to step away from her desk, and just breathe in some crisp and clean air from outside.

Waiting in the drive-thru, thanking God that she wouldn't have to step out of her car and wait inside.

The drive-thru did have its cons, though. She wouldn't smell the organic coffee beans that fumed through their machines when she was sitting in her car, ordering from outside.