chapter forty seven

1 December 1976

7:47 pm

Ophelia walked the halls, ignoring the scattered students who littered them. She didn't quite understand why she got detention, she was only having a bit of fun but McGonagall called it "immature" and "distracting".

She came to the large wooden door that served as the entrance into the transfiguration classroom. She didn't even bother to knock and just walked in, spotting McGonagall at her desk.

"Minnie!" she called out, opening her arms wide to be dramatic. "How are you this fine evening?"

"I'm doing well-"

"I think we should reschedule this detention to the next time I get detention. We could just double it up, you know?"

"No," she said firmly. "Unless there is an urgent issue at hand, you will be serving detention tonight."

Ophelia groaned but smirked the infamous Black smirk. "Well, how can I assist you tonight?"

"I'd like you to organize my room a bit. Tidy up, you know how messy you and your classmates can be. Especially those that you hang out with most often."

"Alrighty. Where do I start?"

"You can start by organizing that bookshelf under those windows, and then put the goblets in the back of the room into those cabinets over there."

Ophelia wasted no time, she wanted to get her detention over as quickly as possible so she could get back to the enormous amounts of homework that her teachers had assigned.

She walked through the moonlight that pierced through the paned glass and kneeled down right before them. She went through books, taking damaged ones out, and organizing them by name. It took her around half an hour to get through the whole bookcase. It was on the shorter end, but it was rather long.

She glanced up at McGonagall, who wasn't paying any attention to what the girl was doing, and was scribbling furiously at her desk, grading the fourth years' most recent essays.

She walked over to where the goblets were. She groaned internally and rolled her eyes to herself. This was going to take forever.

She picked up an armful of goblets and walked over to the cabinets in the back of the room. She pulled it open with her foot, bent down, and neatly placed them down.

She continued doing this for the next fifteen minutes until she only had a few goblets left. She picked up the remaining ones and carried them to the furthest cabinet on the left. She sighed frustratedly when it wouldn't open by kicking it and set them down. She pulled on the cabinet handle, using her hands for once, but it didn't open as she expected it to. She searched her robe pockets for her wand, took it out, muttered "alohomora", and put it back.

She picked the goblets up from the floor and kicked it open. In a flash, Ophelia stumbled backward, dropping everything from her arms with a loud, metallic clank. She gasped loudly, as she took in what was before her.

Walburga and Orion Black, standing in front of her with wicked, cruel grins on their faces. Regulus and Sirius Black, laying on the stone floor, covered with blood, dead.

It wasn't real, Ophelia knew this. She knew it was just a boggart, and she knew that she shouldn't have freaked out as much as she did.

It should've been simple. She had her wand out, she knew the spell. A simple Riddikulus would have solved the problem and McGonagall wouldn't have even noticed anything. Keyword: should've.