46

you were both standing in front of the wangsheng funeral parlor, it was a short walk, you only had to turn one corner and there it was.

it was a chinese styled house just like the rest of liyue, fitting perfectly in the city. the only thing standing out was the small board with odd advertisements for funerals.

you stood behind hu tao as she unlocked the door. her hand was outstretched and she pushed it open with ease.

the door made a slight cracking sound as it opened, indicating that its older than expected. you peered over hu taos shoulder from behind and saw a beautiful styled open room in front of you.

there was a small desk in the middle of it, a reception to be exact, as expected of a business. what really caught your eye were the several potted pants around the residence.

bits of green from the plants decorated the brown styled room, giving it a livier look. you looked right and left as you took a step inside, inspecting the funeral parlor with interest.

you followed hu tao as she walked past the reception, opening yet another door and disappearing into a small hallway.

soon you saw the end of the hallway which ended into a cosy living room. two couches that matched the colors of the parlor with a coffee table in the middle of it, there were two pots with plants behind the couches, and one on the middle of the coffee table.

as soon as you set foot into the living room, hu tao turned around, giving you a proud look while she put both her hands on her hips. "so, what do you think?" she said as she eyed you with sparkles in her eyes.

you answered in all honesty, "it looks cosy, i love it!" you said while giving her a smile. she seemed to like your response as a smile started appearing on her features as well.

"y/n, ill set us some tea." she said suddenly out of nowhere, and decided to give you tea without giving you much of a choice. she continued speaking, "in the meantime, take a seat and tell me about yourself!" she spoke and turned around to make her way to the simple attached kitchen.

the kitchen was black themed with hints of gold in it, there was a counter that stretched into the living room, giving her enough space to brew some tea.

"lets see..." you started off. you had no idea where to begin and started thinking about what you would say. of course you would not give her confidential information and such.

you decided to stick with the simple introductions, "im a traveler, ive traveled all over teyvat so far and now im exploring liyue." you said simply. you werent lying though.

sitting down on the couch, you made yourself comfortable. hu tao spoke up as she heard your introduction, "thats cool!" she said with her back still turned to you.

she grabbed two white cups and set them down simultaneously on the counter, making a clinking sound. "where were you born, though? she asked you as she opened a drawer, grabbing two small teaspoons.

you knew it went awfully wrong when you would lie about your birthplace, like when you did last time in mondstadt. so you decided to tell her the truth.

"in snezhnaya, around the middle part of it." you said to her. hu tao glanced over her shoulder and stared at you with wide eyes.

luckily she wasnt shocked, she was excited instead. "how is it there? isnt there some sheer cold? why did you leave?" she bombarded you with questions, one after another.

you laughed at her excitement and answered them all one by one, "its amazing there." you started off.

"the tsarista is the god of love, relationships come before anything." you said and started talking about your hometown and the cryo archon.

"that doesnt mean romantically!" you quickly corrected yourself as you realized what you said could have been taken wrongly. you surely didnt want anyone to doubt the ideals of the tsarista.

she was the one that had saved your life after all, you admired her greatly.

you continued as hu tao silently listened to you, "family comes first before everything, that is the strongest bond of all." you said and thought about your family in snezhnaya, the fatui.

you considered them a family as soon as they took you in, you never questioned their ideals or morals either.

"that is why everyone is kind to each other too, for the love we share." you finished speaking about your town.

hu tao grabbed both cups by the handle and turned around as she was done, walking to the opposite couch of you. "sounds wonderful to me!" she said as she put both cups down onthe coffee table.

she sat down in front of you, and opened her mouth again, talking to her hearts content. minutes past in the blink of an eye and before you knew it, you were already talking with her for a full hour.

all kinds of topics were discussed, going from talking about your hometown and snezhnaya to hu taos interests and her family.

you felt like a weight had been lifted off your shoulders, as if you were never the twelfth of the fatui, as if you never committed all the murders and were simply living an easy life.

fully enjoying a simple talk with a new friend made you think, 'am i really happy with the fatui?' you thought to yourself. you realized what you were thinking and silently scolded yourself.

you shouldnt think about the fatui like that, they saved your life after all.