033

july 11th, 2026
3:56 pm

FUNERALS REALLY SUCKED

And Sunday was tired of people inadvertently shoving the fact that Henry was dead in her face over and over.

Brandon, Jeanette, Rafael and members of her family, just time and time again.

She knew that they all meant well but Sunday could really do without someone asking if she was alright every ten minutes.

All she had to do was get through today and she would be fine.

Sunday lightly dust off the jacket of Noah's suit, highlighted only by the sunshine floating in through the windows of the funeral home they were standing in.

"You're so tall now," Sunday sighed as she continued to make sure that her younger brother was looking as best as he could, "Sprouted up like a weed."

His gaze was on a vase of fake flowers sitting on a polished marble table, "I hate that vase so much. It's ugly."

"It kinda is, huh?" Sunday murmured.

"Yeah." Noah replied in a low tone, "I don't wanna do this. Can't we just go to D.C already?"

"No. It's important that we say goodbye to Pops." Sunday replied as she readjusted Noah's tie and then stepped back a little.

Truth be told, Sunday didn't want to go to this funeral either but she needed to be a good role model for Noah and that meant sucking it up and pushing down her disdain.

Brandon approached the siblings in his own classic black and white suit, "Your great aunt asked me to get y'all. Funeral's about to start."

Noah shook his head adamantly, "No. I don't want to."

"I know that you don't, but you have to-." Brandon said in a placating tone.

"Why do I have to? Huh?" Noah exclaimed as he turned to the taller man, "What's the point of any of this? Please tell me. I would love to hear it!"

"To say goodbye-." Sunday attempted but Noah whirled around and cut her off once more.

"To say goodbye to Pops? Pops isn't in there! He's dead and we're alone! Fuck a funeral, fuck all these people who didn't show up for us when he was sick and fuck that ugly ass vase!" Noah stomped over and swiped the vase off of the table, causing it to shatter.