Chapter Twenty Seven: The Kid Won

"Hunter, the head," Cass gestured with her saber and drew the sergeant's attention to the tactical droid head in the girl's taut grip.

A sharp blast sounded from across the facility and stray workers scattered above and around their heads. Two of them bordered to the right and pointed rigorously.

"Security breach! Lock it down!" one of them yelled.

"Danger! Danger!" The frightening alarm blared throughout the station while the conveyor belts halted and all the exits closed.

"Great, how do you plan on getting out of here now?" the girl groaned and clinched the droid head closer to her body.

"We've got police droids closing in," Echo warned as the pounding of metallic footsteps reverberated from across the facility.

"Focus your fire," Hunter commanded and squatted out of the droid's aim.

Cass lept towards the stairs and began blocking the brunt of the blasts as the police droids closed in. Everyone fired beyond her, and Tech especially surveyed her motions vigilantly.

"Omega, report!" Hunter yelled through the comms, though over the blaster fire Cass could barely hear him.

"There's a second person after the tactical droid. Don't worry, I'm in pursuit," Omega chirped.

"No. Stay put," Hunter demanded. "We already have the droid head."

"No you don't!" The girl in the jumpsuit cried out teasingly as she ran away from the boys onwards up the staircase and above their eye line.

"I'll get the head. You guys get this lockdown lifted," Hunter directed as he raced after the girl with the droid head.

Cass blocked the shots aimed at Hunter and flipped over the hoard of droids. All the droids turned in her direction, leaving perfect targets for the boys to shoot.

Tech and Echo continued blasting until their shots landed on the same last droid Cass swiped at. The Jedi exhaled deeply and hopped over the droid carcasses scattered along the floor.

"The next wave is heading through now," Echo murmured and Cass nodded.

The three assumed their previous positions—watching as large bay doors opened and flushed out droids—and defended the post until further notice.

Tech watched Cass intently veer her weapon around her body, noticing the way the thin layer of sweat on her skin made her glisten in the furnace lights. With her hair pulled back, he could fully admire her parted lips and the edge of her collarbone that barely peeked out from the crest of her top.

Cass peered over briskly to get a glimpse of his longing expression. The spice they called yearning surged through them, they both were equally eager to be skin on skin again. It didn't matter whether they were grasping to each other passionately or holding pinkies in silence, they both had gotten a taste of the other. And they were addicted.

They went too long without these affirmations and now that their feelings were in the open—Maker forbid they hid the ardent stares or wishful look in their eyes.

"Will you two stop doing whatever the kriff that was and fight!" Echo gagged out and aimed his blaster the opposite direction. "I'm getting tired of all this."

"What are you grumbling about now?" Cass squinted at him incredulously as she gripped her saber tighter.

"You two! I can't take it anymore! Just make a move already!" Echo yelled irritably over the heavy fire.