FOURTEEN ; HAPPY TROUPE

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

"Maggie! Maggie!"

At the sound of her name being called, a young Magauna Litercash whipped her head up from the book she was looking at closely.

She must've been only fifteen, or maybe even fourteen at that time, but she could still read as well as anyone educated in their village. Her mother had made sure of that.

In fact, it was her mother who was calling her.

"Maggie, come! Come quick!" The older woman called.

Magauna closed the book and jumped up from where she sat with her legs crossed on the floor, and ran into the other room that her mother was in.

Her mother was frantic, shoving clothes, food, and whatever money they had into bags.

"What are you doing?" Magauna asked in her unmatured voice, watching her mother confused and curiously.

Her mother looked up. "Quick, pack a bag. Fill it with your clothes. Don't take anything you won't absolutely need."

"Why?"

"Just do it! Please, Maggie, we don't have much time to waste!"

Anxious now, Magauna ran out of the room and into her own, and began to throw the few clothes she owned into the biggest pack she could find.

"Maggie! Quickly, come on!"

Closing her pack, Magauna dragged it out of her tiny room, and watched as her mother grabbed the dusty sword that had sat in the corner of the hall for the entirety of her short life.

Her mother grabbed Magauna's hand as she rushed past, towards the door.

"Where're we going?" Magauna asked, her voice wavering.

"Home." Her mother answered as they walked out of the door.

Magauna furrowed her eyebrows in both confusion and uncertainty. "What d'you mean? This is home! Mother, I think you've gone a bit mad-"

"Maggie, please, you've got to understand!" Her mother pleaded. "Don't ask anymore questions, just do as I say."

Magauna looked at her mother with a startled expression on her face, before nodding. "Alright, I will."

Her mother nodded too. "Good, get the horse then."

Still uncertain, the young Half-Elf pulled her pack over her shoulder and headed for the back of the house. She ran to where their steed was reined to the wooden fence, and freed him, leading him back to the front if the house.