Chapter 32: The decision

Edric's P.O.V.

We both have our mouths covered while we hear guards outside walk past by the dumpster. We catch a glimpse of them through the open lid on the other side, but luckily it's only us who can see them. Feels like an eternity till they actually pass, to which Hunter slightly peeks out his head to see if the coast is clear. 

"They're gone. You should go back home before things get worse." Hearing that makes me realize I'm in more trouble than I could ever be! Dad will probably end up falling asleep anyway but what will mom do?! She'll probably literally ground me for a whole year! "I shouldn't have stayed. Now you're knee-deep in shit because of me." He turned his head back to look around, having a guilty tone to it.

Should I even go back? Ugh, what the hell do I do?! I'm actually considering wether or not to go back. While I'm thinking about what decision to make, Hunter hops out of the dumpster with his supplies in his arms. "No wait! I don't know if I can go back, but where will you go?" Hunter stops dead in his tracks. 

"I don't know. Maybe back to where I was. Or the forest. They'll be looking even harder. But you have to go back home. Because I'm sure she won't be using you as a sacrifice." What does the last part have to do with anything? "She won't do that but you don't know her. She made my sister dye her hair to look like her." That's when I hop out of the dumpster to walk right up to him.

I have no idea what to do. Cowardly? Maybe. But what will she do if she already took away Snowball?

(Short chapter but here's my reason. Not sure what decision to make, so let's put it to a vote then. Should he go back? or stay with Hunter? And tell me of any spelling errors. Byeeeee!)