XXII: Ex Boyfriend and Another Death

T H I R D  P E R S O N

Lisa, Seulgi, and Rosé stopped contacting Suzy after spending three days dialing her possible numbers and accounts. They think that Suzy really chose to cut her ties with them, and they hope Suzy has a good reason.

Lisa looks like she doesn't care about her surroundings, but she low key observes the Kim sisters because she feels strange when she is around them. She notices that they're always bumping with each other in public places, she thought that it's not a coincidence anymore since it happens a lot (almost every day). Lisa also felt that there was someone following her around.

Lisa went to Nancy's funeral with Rosé and Seulgi. The trio saw the Kim sisters standing in a good distance and just watching which made Lisa frown when she glanced at the Kims because she clearly saw that Jennie smirked before her face turn into straight face.

Did she just smirk? Why did she smirk?

Lisa chose to shrug her thoughts. She put a white rose on Nancy's tombstone, and she stayed there for a while. Seulgi and Rosé wait for her in the car.

That day, the rain poured really hard and she let herself get wet by the rain. Her mind was full of thoughts which caused her to get lost with it.

All of a sudden, she didn't feel the cold rain droplets anymore because Jennie is standing beside her, and they shared the big black umbrella.

"Lili, let's go home." Jennie said softly.

"You can go first." Lisa responded and she's just staring at Nancy's tombstone.

"Staring at her can't bring back her life." Jennie said calmly.

Lisa didn't respond, then she heard a woman crying, and she recognized it was Yeonwoo.

Yeonwoo walked towards Nancy's grave, and she dropped to her knees. She was wet, dirty, and she was carrying a bouquet of white tulips.

Lisa removed her black coat, and she put it on Yeonwoo's shoulder to warm her up. She patted her head and handed her handkerchief.

"I'm sorry for what happened to Nancy, you can say anything to her and I know she's listening to you." Lisa said softly to Yeonwoo, who is crying so hard.

Lisa heaved a deep sigh, and she started walking, completely ignoring Jennie's presence.

She doesn't know that there is a cold, jealous, and angry eyes watching her interaction with Yeonwoo.

Seulgi waited outside of her car and opened the car door for Lisa since she knew that she felt weak and sad about Nancy's death and Yeonwoo's condition.

'You look emotionless and intimidating. You almost looked the same when Jennie broke up with you 5 years ago.' Seulgi said in her thoughts while waiting for Lisa to get inside her car.

Lisa sat in the back seat, and she didn't bother to bid her goodbye to Jennie who accompany her till she gets inside at Seulgi's car.

"We're going now." Seulgi said to Jennie.

"Be careful on your way." Jennie glanced at Lisa.

Seulgi drove away, and Jennie watched Seulgi's car till she can't see it anymore. She deeply sighed and went back to Nancy's grave, then she saw Yeonwoo still kneeling on the ground and talking to Nancy's tombstone.

'Hope you're doing well in hell, Nancy.' Jennie stares at the crying Yeonwoo.

"Do you want to see her again?" Jennie asked if they made Yeonwoo look at her. She internally smirked when she noticed how red and pale Yeonwoo was.