Chapter 51 - Below the Horizon, Yearning for an Abode

Hua Cheng glared at the statue.

This... was supposed to be Gege?

He'd just opened his mouth when he was interrupted. Xie Lian stepped forwards, patting the iron statue on its frog-like head. "I like it very much. Thank you, guys."

Wei Wuxian was quite astonished that he would like it.

After all, this frog statue was supposed to be him... not a frog.

Lan Zhan coughed, trying to hide his presence as much as possible.

"I like it so much that I want to present it right outside, in front of my Palace!" Xie Lian said, with a determined look in his eyes.

The two couples, "..." Please, don't...

In the next moment, they found themselves standing outside, facing the Palace of Xian Le. There was the frog statue, standing almighty proud and strong. Its edges were rough and not pretty, but Xie Lian seemed to treasure it very much. The Crown Prince had made sure to decorate the statue in crimson red ribbons, trying to flaunt it as much as possible.

"Xie-xiong... that isn't really necessary..." Shen Qingqiu almost stumbled over his words. Even if you add accessories to it... it won't hide the ugliness of that sculpture.

"Oh? What is this?" A new voice added to the commotion.

The two couples were shocked to find another presence amongst them. Clearly a second ago, they didn't notice anyone passing by! How come...?

"Your Highness Tai Hua," Xie Lian saw who it was and greeted them.

"I was curious when I heard that Crimson Rain Sought Flower was in the Heavenly Capital. It turned out that Your Highness the Crown Prince returned, and made some new friends."

The speaking person's figure belonged to a handsome young man. He donned on a pair of luxurious robes, with armour coating his sleeves, which only enhanced his aura that made people want to bow down to him. Many ribbons of the colour wine red had garnished his robes. A magnificent cape had trailed behind his back. His locks of straight black hair had fallen down his shoulders.

A crown was worn on his head, glowing in the brightness of the Heavenly Capital.

"I shall introduce myself to your new friends." The figure clasped his hands. "I, Tai Hua Crown Prince, Lang Qianqiu greet to the friends of the Crown Prince of Xian Le."

Lang Qianqiu was respectful and full of nobility in his every action.

The two couples found themselves unable to respond. Lang Qianqiu was a Heavenly Official, and his aura was unmistakably grande. They could barely reciprocate the greetings.

All of a sudden, the proud aura of Lang Qianqiu had withdrawn.

The Tai Hua Crown Prince had whipped his head around, trying to find a certain person. "Hey! Where did Gu Zi go? He was right next to me a minute ago?"

"I'm right here, Uncle." A small child had stuck his head out from underneath Lang Qianqiu's heavy layers of robes.

This small child went by the name of Gu Zi. He used to wear cheap robes, torn of holes and smeared of dirt. However, ever since entering the Heavenly Capital with Lang Qianqiu, he was treated with luxury and groomed to look luxurious.

"Hello." Gu Zi greeted the two couples.

Seeing the child, the two couples found it easier to communicate. "My name is Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei Wuxian." The Yiling Patriarch introduced himself.