19 | Joie

I followed the hostess on the rooftop lounge that offered the night skyline view of Dallas

               I followed the hostess on the rooftop lounge that offered the night skyline view of Dallas. We approached, and I could spot her from a mile away. She stared out at the inspiring view below, her gold skin tone glimmering naturally. Her dress was long and accentuating to her gorgeous body and high-priced. This woman never wore anything cheap, or even twice. She was good for giving away her high fashions away to charity for free.

               That exquisite, yet hood gorgeous goddess—Golden "Goldie" Bishop—was a prominent businesswoman in Dallas. It was no secret I have had sex with women as well, but Goldie was the first real relationship I ever had with a woman. Our relationship was special. I loved her genuinely. But the longer we were together, Goldie became a woman version of Kut when it came to trying to control me.

               It was either Goldie's way, or the highway, and since Kut was out of my life and in prison, I became this free spirited person and I enjoyed it too much to let it go. I wasn't going to deal with being in that kind of situation anymore.

               "Miss Bishop," the host called and those eyes of Goldie set on me and a smile curled up on one side of her mouth. "Your guest has arrived."

               Goldie dismissed the host with one nod. "Joie Smith."

               "Golden Bishop." I walked up, standing beside her with a smile.

               Goldie stared me up and down attentively. "Goodness, you look gorgeous. Two years felt like twelve."

               "Would've been longer."

               "Thanks to you reaching out." Goldie winked, "I ordered a bottle of Dom Perignon."

               "Great. I'll take one."

               Goldie poured her and myself a glass of the expensive champagne and gave me a glass. We sipped on it and held eye contact the whole time.

               I cleared my throat softly. "Zephyr, how is he?"

               My questioning about her twelve year old son Zephyr Bishop made her smile. He was a child Goldie decided to give birth to with a old male best friend of hers the IVF route.

               "Zephyr is, very great." Goldie said, "He just turned twelve and so tall. He's playing soccer now. And it's actually crazy that you called the day you did because he just asked about you."