Part XIV

Harry's POV

Every morning I wake up I get more and more excited about becoming a father, especially since Ally is due any day now.

Going on this pregnancy journey with my Ally baby has been incredible, it's been amazing seeing her belly grow and Ally's got the most beautiful pregnancy glow. Everything lights up when she walks into the room, her infectious happiness and glow touch everything in her surroundings which only makes her more beautiful — something I never thought was possible.

Despite her stomach being the size of like three fucking soccer balls she's still as stubborn as always and wants to remain independent, something she knows bothers me to the core. I know it's just the kind of person she is but that didn't make me worry any less, I just wanted my loves safe.

The entire pregnancy, we were extremely cautious, making sure that everything was okay and nothing was out of line. I hated that we were so close to the end and this is when she should be the most careful, but she hasn't been.

I never really got that upset with her over little tasks she'd try and do behind my back, except for one time a few weeks ago.

I had just gotten home from work, exhausted. Zayn had been giving me more work than usual to make up for when I go on paternity leave which made sense in my mind, but it left me feeling drained by the end of the week. As I dropped my briefcase off at the door and shrugged my shoes off, I walked upstairs into our bedroom only to see Ally on a step-stool, standing on the tallest platform and reaching up on her tiptoes to grab a box off the top shelf in our closet. The box she was trying to grab wasn't small in the slightest and it irked my tired self that she was doing this.

"What do y-you think you're doing?" I sharply asked, making Ally freeze. She lowered her feet back onto the stool before slowly turning around to face me, knowing she was in trouble. I had my arms crossed over my chest and my glasses were hooked into the collar of my shirt. "Allyson, a-answer me."

I couldn't stop my eyes from lowering to her stomach just to make sure she looked okay before my eyes met her own, pretty blue ones that were full of guilt. "Hi baby," she started out, attempting to soften what I knew was coming, "I was just, uh, I needed to grab some things out of—"

"And you c-couldn't wait until I got h-home?" I interrupted her. I couldn't work out why she would risk doing something like this, especially when I wasn't home. I was tired and exhausted and coming home to see her willingly put herself in a risky situation was the last thing I needed. I just wanted them safe and I don't understand why she couldn't see that.

"I didn't know when you'd be back-" "You could h-have just called me Ally. Did you n-need the box t-that badly?" Ally just guiltily looked at me as she went to step down off the step-stool. Despite my anger, I still stepped forward to help her but I quickly released her hands once she got onto the ground and I turned around and walked further into our bedroom. "I didn't think it was that big of a deal," she muttered as I put my glasses down and whipped my clothes off to throw some sweats on instead I hated being in my work clothes longer than necessary.

I threw my glasses back on before swivelling around to face her, noticing her eyes already wet with tears — her hormones have been off the charts these last few months. "T-That big of a deal?" I repeated, "You c-could have fallen, you could h-have strained something, you could have.....fuck, A-Ally, you need to s-stop doing things l-like this."

I ran my hands through my hair and pulled at the ends of it, just the mere thought of something bad happening to her or our little girl made me spiral. I couldn't handle it. I needed them safe.