Chapter 33: Texting

Edric's P.O.V.

I grab onto Hunter's hand, wanting to stay with Hunter as the situation is causing me to feel quite nervous. "C'mon. You really don't want to follow me. I've already caused enough trouble. I'm gonna go in the forest, so would you want that?" Hunter tells me with a sarcastic question at the end. "Please, I don't know if I can go back there." Hunter turns around with his eyes gazing into mine before looking away with a pained look. "Ok... I understand not be wanting to return back to my home. Fine." Hunter looks away from me as I let go. 

I ask Hunter a certain question. "Can't we fly there?" "Usually I would but my hands are full. I can't hold onto the staff like this." I look down in thought but get an idea. "I could hold onto the book! Then we can fly?" Hunter gives a relieved sigh to my idea. "Oh, good! I should've thought of that." 

He gives me the book of glyphs while Rascal flaps up and becomes a long, wooden staff. Then we both hop on with supplies in one arm, then holding onto the stick with our free hands. First, Rascal floats softly and slowly, then faster when getting higher till high enough to become swift as a palisman should be.

Luckily for us we go unnoticed by the public as we're too high to be identified. 

.

.

.

Doesn't take too long before we reach a mass of trees and dive into the dark green, and safely too before Rascal comes to a stop above the ground. We both get off at the same time as Rascal becomes it's tiny self once again. I just look at the sky feeling weird. Because of the fact I'm going to be away from home for a while unless I actually go back myself... And also feeling weird because I- And a bright glow emitting from my pocket. 

A scroll levitates out of my pocket and up to the level of my face to which I open it. It's a text from Emira.

'Ed! Where are you?!'

Oh great... And a text from Amity too, asking something similar.

'No need to worry-'

But I stop typing. No need to worry about what? I'm in the forest with the former Golden Guard? That's what I'll say? So I retype to tell them

'Right now in the forest'

Honestly, couldn't think of anything else to sa- And I feel Hunter breathing on my shoulder, making me walk away a bit.

Amity texts a question after Emira's question.

'Did he kidnap you or something?!' 

Can't tell if that's a legitimate question.

'No no! Right now Me and him are hiding'

Emira texts a question once again.

'When are you coming back?'

'not sure. Once mom stops fuming'

'As if mom will actually calm down'

I sigh because of course she's still peeved.

'Oh! Should we FaceTime to explain everything?'

I ask Emira who agrees.

Momentarily I look behind me to see Hunter tapping the fire glyph he drew, only for embers to appear instead of a mighty fire. He just facepalms.

(Spelling errors? And thanks for the vote!)