Ch 25

His blue eyes were filled with conviction, which made me nervous.

Why would he buy a 600-franc necklace for 10,000 francs at most?

"Saintess, it's a great opportunity. Go ahead and sell it."

I heard Dwayne's voice behind me.

It's great that the necklace I bought for 250 francs can be sold for 10,000 francs. I might be able to leave the temple a little sooner.

But I've decided to be cautious even in this situation, which obviously seems too good to be true.

I may not be the heroine in the original, but it's certainly not a symbol of good luck for Ariel.

"...No."

Cass frowned at my words, seemingly predicting that I would sell it when he saw my reluctant expression.

But having made my decision, I held out my hand with a calm expression.

"I changed my mind. I'm not selling this necklace."

There was a heavy silence in the space. I could feel the appraiser and Dwayne staring at me with a look that they didn't understand.

But I didn't care and spoke to the appraiser,

"I'll sell three of these things except for the necklace."

Cass, who looked through the things at first, never even closely observed the rest.

In other words, they may be of no importance.

"Is that all right with you? It'll be a pity with such a good offer."

"Yes, I won't sell the necklace."

The appraiser carefully appraised the three items, and Cass placed the Garnet necklace on my hand.

As I felt a heavy sensation in my hand, I relaxed and felt relieved.

I could sense it well. The very smell of danger. My whole body was warning me not to sell the necklace.

"This Monde statue is a bit ambiguous for it to be called an art piece so... we won't be taking this. If you sell the candlestick and the portrait, you can obtain up to 1,200 francs."

It costed 900 francs to buy these four items, so is it 300 francs profit today?

I handed over the Monde statue to Dwayne and saw Cass looking at the Garnet necklace

What is the thought that is emerging in his unwavering blue eyes staring at me?

"Haha."

Whatever it is, I won't mess with him.

10,000 francs, whatever.

Suddenly, Cass came a step closer to me and stood close.

I looked up at him, who was much taller than me, he slightly lowered his head and whispered near my ear,

"It's a real pity."

I felt a chill down my spine when his low voice came through my ears,

"I was going to get to know you with that necklace."

I remained still with a tranquil expression.

As soon as I was about to draw a line and say goodbye to him, he opened his mouth again,

"That necklace. It is owned by the imperial family."

I stiffened at the words I just heard. My hand that was holding the necklace froze.