Nine|| Plan my Funeral

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it." - Dennis P. Kimbro

Nine|| Plan my Funeral

Only my parents will know, they said. I'm always right, they said.

I am such an idiot! I cannot believe Mrs. Gray would go and practically tell the whole city that I was dating his son.

So now-7 days before the bet ended and ten minutes after I had found out that the news of Parker and me had spread around- I was walking around the school trying to find that imbecile.

But with more than a hundred people trying to walk to their classes, it wasn't more that impossible.

I let out a gasp when I was shoved by a group of Sophomores and scowled. I was supposed to be the Senior! I did not do three years in this school so I could be shoved again.

"Hey, watch where you're going, morons!" I exclaimed after them. The one in the middle turned around slowly and smirked at me.

Why are the Sophomores so cocky? Which reminds me of somebody I was going to kill.

"Excuse me?" He hissed. His blond hair was sticking out in every direction and he was extremely tall. He had hazel eyes that fit perfectly with his pale complexion, his red shirt was a wrinkled and his jeans appeared to be a little worn out.

He pretty hot, but that's beside the point. I was ready to rip his head off if necessary.

"Did I stutter?" I shot with the same amount of venom. I had no idea where all this confidence came from but I'm pretty sure Parker's attitude was rubbing off on me.

"I don't know who you think you are, but if you talk to me like that again, I'll-" The dude suddenly turned his gaze to something behind me and his face twisted into one of horror.

As if he had just seen an evil creature.

"-You'll what?" A deep voice questioned behind me.

Close enough.

"N-Nothing," the boy stuttered and turned on his heel, "I think we should go, guys."

I huffed as I saw the group walk away and slightly twisted my body to see Parker.

He wore his usual smirk and he crossed his arms, making his biceps look bigger. "I heard that you were looking for me."

It irked me that he looked so calm. Why wasn't he freaking out? Almost everybody knew that we were a "couple"!

Oh, gosh did Will know? Did my parents know? Crap, did my parents know?!

"Why are you so calm? Everybody thinks we're going out," I spat, voicing out my thoughts.

Parker merely shrugged his shoulders and leaned into the lockers. It seemed to be a habit of his. "We can still have that tragic break up," he declared.

The halls were now empty. I almost groaned as I realized I was late to English.

"It's not that easy," I paused and pinched the bridge of my nose. "I don't want to be one of those girls."

Parker's eyebrows furrowed. "One of those girls?" He asked, almost offended.

"One of the girls that goes out with you," I hissed.

Parker rolled his eyes and stood up straight. His smirk had been replaced with a scowl. "What do you suggest we do then, know-it-all?"

I bit my lip and looked at my worn out Sneakers.

Seven more days and you can finally stop seeing this moron's face, I though.

"It's not like we can do anything anymore. The whole school already thinks I'm some sort of skank," I mumbled quietly. It was true, I wouldn't be able to get out of this without tainting my reputation. I'm lucky enough to even make it out alive.

"Who called you that?" Parker's expression turned serious and he narrowed his eyes as he spoke. "I heard some girl talking," I said and turned around to face the hall that lead to my English class.

It's not like Mr. Walter would let me in, anyway. I had to stop my so called meetings in Mr. Walter's class.

I hated high school.

It was full of ignorant and stupid people and surely interacting with people your own age is not good for your sanity. I swear, I was slowly loosing it.

The bell rang, pulling me away from my train of thoughts. The students came spilling out of the classrooms from everywhere and I was harshly pulled into someones arms.

"What are you doing?" I asked, but it probably came out muffled since my face was pressed against Parker's chest.

"Smile as if you really loved me," he whispered jokingly in my ear, "Which really isn't hard considering you really do."

I huffed and pushed him away, holding the urge to smack him in the face... with a chair or a table. "Goodbye, Parker," I dismissed dryly.

"Goodbye, my love," he yelled, making half of the school turn. I felt the blood rush onto my cheeks and I faced the floor as I started to walk to my next class.

While contemplating how hard life was-not really- and thinking of ways to get out of this mess, I didn't notice the person in front of me.

But unlike those really cliché movies, It wasn't a teenage boy that had the chest of a wall. No, this was much worse.

"Jenna," I mumbled as I took a harsh breath of air.

It was kind of stupid to say her name, I didn't want my last words to be her name. I wanted it to be something full of suspense like:

"The treasure is in...." And I'd trail off because I was most probably in some better place.

But I was stuck with her name.

Well, it actually doesn't matter. I just want you to know that in my funeral, I don't want anything tacky like roses and I want some cool music playing in the background. And can somebody please dress up as Death and stand in a lonely corner while staring at my coffin because that would honestly be great.

"Ellie," she snarled, "How are you, lovely?"

I had no idea whether it had been a rhetorical question or not but my big mouth decided to speak anyway.

"I guess I'm okay."

Jenna examined her nails for a few seconds before staring at me with her beady eyes.

"Not anymore."

Author's Note

We've done it!

3k and 200 votes! I love you people! You do not know how happy I am right now!

Keep on voting if you'd like and I hope to see your awesome faces elsewhere.

Anybody seen The DUFF yet?

Jenna on the side or on the top.

Peace!