9. A new Friend.

I started heading towards the said town in the southeast. While I was still on my way, my crow came and stated, "CAW! CAW! THERE WILL A PERSON ACCOMPANYING YOU IN THIS MISSION! CAW! CAW! HE IS THE TSUGUKO OF THE CURRENT WATER HASHIRA. HE WEARS A STANDARD BLACK DEMON SLAYER UNIFORM AND A HAORI CONSISTING OF TWO PATTERNS. CAW! CAW!" I replied, "Thank you for the information, now you may leave." And with that, it flew away.

After walking for almost 4 hours, I finally arrived at the town which the crow told me to go. There was still 6 hours left till sunset, so I decided to walk around the town looking for the person who was accompanied for my mission. I walked for a few minutes and I saw a boy who looks to be my age and I also noticed that he matched all the descriptions told by the crow. I approached him and asked, "Are you the demon slayer who is the tsuguko of the current water hashira?" He stared at me for a while and finally answered, "Yes, I have the title of the tsuguko of the current water hashira." He replied with a sad yet blank expression. He was also giving off a scent of regret and sadness. Hi, I m Satoshi Kamado. Tsuguko of the current thunder hashira, Itaki Sato. Nice to meet you." I said to him while giving him a smile. He replied with a blank face,"I m Tomioka Giyu. Nice to meet you too. Now, let's go and look around for the demon. Even though it's not dark yet, I m preety sure the demon must have left some signs of where it is." I nodded and we started walking around the town looking for clues of the demon. There was an awkward silence between us and I decided to break the silence. "Uhhh, so, are you regretting something or perhaps are you sad about something?" "I lost my very close friend, Sabito, in this year's final selection. He was suppose to be the tsuguko of the current water hashira but he died while protecting me. I don't deserve to hold this nichirin blade. I don't deserve to be called a tsuguko. I should have died and he should have lived. He was far more stronger than me. He died to a demon who had many hands while I ran away instead of helping him. I m the worst." He said with a blank yet sad expression. I knew he was talking about the peach haired boy who got killed right in front of me. I simply nodded and said, "I m sorry for your lost. But that doesn't mean you should think low of yourself. If your friend was here, he would tell you to do your best and never give up. I would tell you the same too. Don't lose hope and keep doing your best." I said to him. "Yeah, I guess you are right. I will try my best. For now, let's try to collect information about the demon from the people." He said with a tiny smile. I smiled and nodded.

TIMESKIP

It's been 2 hours since we kept on asking the people about the victims disappearing. We came to know that this demon mainly captures women who are in their 20's. We also met a few people who saw the demon. They said that the demon smelled so bad, he looked young and it had blood red eyes and it also had a strange marking in its right eye. Hearing this, me and giyu gulped thinking about the possibility that this demon might be a twelve kizuki.

Soon after, it became dark and every single person locked their houses, windows closed and there were no people outside. Then, out of nowhere, Giyu and I smelt something horrible. We nodded to each other and we dashed towards the source of the smell and we saw it. We saw a demon who was giving off a really bad smell. He had red eyes with white hair.