75

|Enzo's POV|

I was standing in front of the door where Lea was in. I had no emotions present on my face. My mom was crying while dad was holding her. Arabella was sitting with her head in her hands, Antonio and Blake were leaning against the wall and waiting. It's been two hours since we came to the hospital.

"Where is she?" The familiar voice of Sean rang through the hallways which I ignored. Antonio looked at him, "she's being checked up or something like that."

"Who did this?"

"Bianca's mom, she's dead. Enzo killed her." Blake replied to which Sean nodded in response, "And Bianca? She's dead too, right?" Both Blake and Antonio nodded in response.

"Where's Alessio and Nick?"

"Home. He's getting his mind off things." Antonio responded just as Alessio made his way towards us. 

"Where's Nick?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Alessio, "He's with my mother. I haven't told her about what happened yet." 

 Just then the door to the room in which Lea was, flew open and the doctor stepped out.

"How is she?" I asked instantly. The doctor glanced at me then at everyone else before taking a deep breath, "The bullet was successfully removed but she is not out of danger. When she fell off the roof, she hit her head pretty bad. If not for the car, I doubt she would have surv—" I cut him off, "Just tell me whether she'll be fine or not!" 

The doctor gulped, "I am not sure when she'll wake up or if she'll ever wake up."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sean asked at the same time as Alessio, "The fuck are you speaking in riddles?" 

"Boys!" dad scolded, "Give the man time to speak."

The doctor shot him a thankful nod before clearing his throat, "She's into coma. We do not know when or if she will wake up. There's a high chance of deat—" again, he was cut off by me, "If she dies, you die too." his eyes widened but said nothing, "You can visit her." He then rushed away, not sparing us a second look. 

I took a deep breath before pushing the door open slowly. Lea was unconscious on the bed with several tubes attached to her body. The beeping that the machine was making to let us know about her heartbeat was possibly the only thing that was positive in the room.

I walked towards her and stared down at her. Serval questions running in my head; When will she wake up? What if she never wakes up? What about Nick? Would she be able to hear me if I speak? Could she feel my presence?

"Look what that bitch did to you." Alessio spoke, hoping that Lea would hear him.

My family members entered the room one by one to look at her condition. They said some things to her which I didn't hear, I wasn't paying attention. After a few minutes, they left along with Alessio and Sean, who said something about them being tired.

I grabbed a chair and placed it beside Lea before sitting on it. I held her weirdly cold hands in mine before placing a lingering kiss on it. I wanted to hear her voice again. I wanted her to open her eyes and look at me. She deserves to be treated like the Queen she is.

"I'm sorry." It was taking me everything not to break down, "I know I told you this like a million times but I don't care. What I did four years ago was so fucking dumb of me. I wasn't thinking. I pushed you away because I was afraid to accept my feelings." I sighed, "I needed you to hate me so that I can get over whatever the feeling was but while you were away, I ended up longing for you. It's stupid, I know."

The door flew open, revealing a nurse. I raised my eyebrows at her, questioningly, "What?"

"N-Nothing." She then left the room, closing the door behind her. Why did she even bother me in the first place? Stupid woman.

"Anyway, I would ask Alessio about you almost every time, I doubt he told you about that." I let out a soft chuckle at the memory, "He would get irritated everytime but answered me nonetheless yet he never told me about Nick."

I kept on talking to her, telling her about random and unimportant stuffs without knowing whether she was listening to me or not. After around thirty minutes, I left the hospital after putting some of my men in front of her door, ensuring her security.

I couldn't take any risks. I went to Alessio's house and picked up Nick before going to my own. Nick fell asleep in the middle of the way home. I carried him to my room and softly placed his sleeping self on my bed before lying down beside him.

➷➷➷➷➷