Loki Laufeyson x Reader - Married to the Prince

REQUESTED
Kind of an Arranged Marriage AU? Not really?
This was requested a while ago :/

Y/N's P.O.V.

My fingers hovered over the pendant around my neck, magic on my fingertips, making the small piece of metal turn on the chain.
I looked over the guardian, my mind occupied with more thoughts than I thought possible.

"May I sit?" A deep voice asked suddenly, taking the seat next to me before I could answer.
"What troubles you, my lady?" Thor looked at me with a small smile and I dropped my hand away from the necklace.

"Nothing." I lied with a shrug.
"Why would anything be troubling me?"

"When we were children and there was something on your mind, you would get a distant look in your eyes. You wear that same look now." I looked at my old friend with a frown.
"Come on, Y/N. Whatever it is, it must be something, especially if it's troubling the Goddess of Chaos."

"Your brother." I muttered and Thor suddenly seemed to understand.

"Your husband." I scowled a little bit at that. Yes, I was married to Loki and I loved him. We grew up together, I was very close with both princes, but Loki was, put simply, a brat. A self-centred diva, who cared very little for the opinions of others.

"Yes, my husband." I muttered.
"I'm going to kill him."

"We've all been temped to kill Loki at some point." Thor sighed heavily.
"Whatever it is he's done, make him feel guilty enough and he'll apologise." I raised an eyebrow at that.

"You're horrible at giving advice, you know that?" I muttered and Thor chuckled.
"I'm being serious."

"You stress too much about your relationship. Loki adores you. Whatever he's done, I'm sure it was just to get a rise out of you. He doesn't mean it." Thor stood up, offering me his hand. I took it, letting him pull me to my feet.
"You two were made for each other. What is chaos without mischief?"

"Chaos is a lot less stressed." I huffed, making Thor laugh loudly. He bid me farewell, before leaving and loudly advising that I should go and find Loki.
I decided against doing that.
Instead, I planned to find food, and after that, take a nap.
Heading towards the kitchens, I walked straight into someone, causing me to jump back a little. I looked up at the dark haired Asgardian, who immediately started stuttering apologies.
"Hey, it's okay." I gave the servant boy a reassuring smile and he moved to clean up the tray of food that he dropped, but I beat him to it, using my magic to clean it up and place it all back on the tray.

"You- You didn't have to do that, your highness." His face was bright red now and I smirked a little.

"I know." I leaned against the wall slightly, causing the serving boy to shift his weight from one foot to another as he avoided eye contact.
"What's your name?"

"Magni,  your highness." He bowed his head slightly.

"Magni, who's food is that, May I ask?" I already knew the answer, just like I already knew his name and where he was headed.

"This food was for Prince Loki, but as I dropped it-"

"It's fine. Take it to him and if he has an issue, let him know you bumped into me." I smiled innocently, although my intentions were quite the opposite.

"Yes, my lady."

~

"Y/N." I looked up from the book I was reading with a blank expression on my face.

"Loki." I replied dryly, meeting his eyes.
"Oh, you're not looking too good, do you feel alright?"

"What have you done?" He glared at me.
"The serving boy said he ran into you-" Loki pulled a face, pressing his hand to his stomach with a wince.

"Oh, I poisoned you." I smiled.
"It's going to result in a very slow and very painful death." His eyes widened in horror.
"Well, unless I give you the antidote, but I'm still a little mad at you, so..." I looked back down at the book and Loki snatched it away.

"You're going to kill me over a stupid argument?" Loki hissed, glaring at me.

"Maybe." I sat back in my chair.
"You said some really hurtful things, my love. I don't know if I can forgive you." He looked at me in disbelief and I rolled my eyes.
"I'm joking. I'm not going to let you die."

"What do you want?" He glared at me.
"In exchange for the antidote? Do you want me to beg? To apologise? To tell you how much I love you?"

"Oh, so you do love me? Because I could have sworn just a few hours ago you said you didn't. You also said-"

"I know what I said." Loki spoke lowly, looking down at the table, shame evident on his features.
"I didn't mean it. Any of it. I was angry at my father and I took it out on you. I'm sorry, Y/N, I am." He looked up at me again, a pleasing look in his eyes.
"I love you, I've always loved you, nothing is going to change that."

"I can't tell if you're being sincere or just trying to get me to give you the antidote." I frowned slightly and Loki kneeled down in front of me.

"Y/N, I promise to never lie to you, my love. I promise to stay by your side. I don't expect you to forgive me, what I said was horrible-"

"You're killing me, here." I rolled my eyes, waving my hand and two pills appeared on the table.
"Take them and the pain will fade for now. The spell itself only lasts around 48 hours-"

"The spell?!" Loki looked at me in disbelief and I hummed.
"You didn't poison me?"

"Nope. That would be stupid. And treason." I shrugged.
"It's a simple enough spell, you're simply feeling the exact same pain I'm currently feeling."

"Have you been poisoned?" Loki asked, holding his lower torso as a cramp hit, but unlike the trickster, I was used to the pain of menstrual cramps.
I shook my head, no, and his eyes widened.
"What is this?"

"I'm on my period." I replied bluntly.
"That pain? I feel it regularly. It's nothing new."

"I feel like I'm dying." Loki muttered and I smiled.

"Yep. Believe me, it's only going to get worse."