Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

reassurance

noun ~ the act of removing someone's doubts or fears

The next morning I felt slightly awkward when I woke next to Phoenix. Last night had been an incredible new time for me. The images of him between my legs were burned permanently in my brain, and Cel had been unusually quiet so I took it as a blessing. Her randy thoughts were kept at bay for now. Phoenix of course had acted like nothing had happened, just got dressed and guided me down the stairs so we could leave on time.

The pack had already grouped up outside and the King and Queen were waiting for us in the grand hall. We approached them slowly. Today I had decided to dress more like me and wore leggings with one of Phoenix's t-shirts. He didn't seem to mind, especially since he was the one who offered me it. I noticed the Queen eye my clothing when we bowed before them but I held my head high and tried to show that I didn't care. If Phoenix didn't care, nor any pack members, neither did I.

"Thank you for having us and thank you for giving the women refuge until their family arrived." I smiled.

The King eyed me with faint distaste, "Of course. A pleasure to meet you."

I chewed on my lip to hide the comment I wanted to escape so badly but nodded my head slowly. He didn't like me because I was just an enemy in his eyes, and Phoenix had marked me without the fights. He either saw me as a weak Omega or a witch, so I wasn't sure which was better. Thinking I had persuaded Phoenix with magic, was crazy. The mate bond was the magic, not me.

"What of the women with no family here?" The Queen wondered, "Are we to hold them here?"

Did she not know already?

Phoenix shook his head, "No, we are taking them with us, back on the bus."

"Very well. I shall be at the fights tonight, I am excited to see how it turns out." The King smirked, glancing at me briefly.

We exchanged goodbyes before walking away and once we were outside I let out the tension with a deep breath. I looked around to see pack members climbing onto the bus, and a few wolves in fur lingered on the driveway. Felicity was one of the girls staying behind, her parents now unable to make it by morning since they lived so far and her mother was heavily pregnant. So they were travelling to our pack since it was closer and I was glad I had more time with the little sprite. She had chosen to cling to Raven now and was in the seat beside Gaia.

I saw Sean climbing on the bus behind Prim, giving me a brief nod when he caught my gaze. Behind him was Calida, and I was proud to see she had come outside. She may be hunched over in a large blanket to hide and glaring at every single person, but she was climbing the steps into the large vehicle. I watched her walk down the aisle to settle down right at the back and shook my head in amusement. She was going to be fun.

"Running or bus?" Phoenix asked.

"What is the pack doing?" I wondered.

"Running, but don't you want to preserve your energy for tonight? They won't be stopping, they want to be back after lunch." He shrugged.

So three hours.

"Hmm, I'd love to run but my stamina isn't that great yet." I laughed.

"Yet." He winked.

I blushed, licking my lips in nervousness. The naughty images of him in my mouth, groaning about me were still so fresh and pure.

He chuckled at me and placed his hand on my waist to guide me forwards. I smiled at the pack as we walked through, and most of them bowed back. I caught my twin's wolf form along with my brother Leo, who was eager to get back to Molly. Leo nipped at my feet when I passed and I grumbled before shoving him back. He barked to Pollux who let out a wolfy laugh as he stumbled, dropping his stare down with the tree line.