Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

strong

adjective ~ able to withstand great force or pressure

My chest was heaving with exertion as I stared up at my mate. My hands were on my knees, I could feel my heart pumping blood through my body, my legs shaky with work. I panted, gasping for breath as I stared up at him through sweaty hair. He smirked at me, straightening his posture to look down at me.

"Give up?" He smirked.

"Nope." I snapped, shaking my hair.

His grin widened when I stood straight and without hesitating further, I shifted to Cel's form. He wanted me to train, he was going to get all of me, and that included Cel. His eyes widened as I launched myself at him, his Alpha wolf was nothing against my quick Lycan shift, and I had him pinned beneath me in a flash.

He frowned at me when his head collided with the grass but I merely nipped at his neck in return. A small rumble of pleasure came from his chest and I let out a bark before jumping off of him.

"Very well. Celimene is your best defence." Lyra clapped her hands. "She is fast and strong. To knock Phoenix over you had surprise on your side but the contestants may not."

I nodded my large head at her, since taking in her advice today I found myself nodding along a lot more than usual. We had arrived back on pack lands, and whilst Phoenix went to debrief Charlie and settle in the females, I was dragged straight into training. I had assured Felicity that she would be okay, and her parents would be here soon. Calida was still wrapped up in her blanket and didn't speak much as she was led to her room.

Sean and Rose had disappeared inside, and after about an hour he emerged alone. My brother Leo had been another to go inside and I had not seen him nor Molly since, so I really didn't want to think about what they were up to whilst they were...reconnecting. Pollux, however, was with me; sat to the side in a lounge chair as he ate endless snacks. Right now, it was crackers with some kind of cheese, the smell of it was enticing but I had to focus right now.

I trained with Lyra, and discussed strategies and general small talk during breaks for about two hours. Phoenix had finally arrived and wanted to test me, and so for the last half an hour, I had battled him in human form.  He had said I wasn't to shift but he was bugging me so much by that stupid handsome smirk.

"Alright, shift back Nova. The first guests just entered the border." Phoenix smiled, brushing his jeans off as he stood to his feet.

I glanced around and eyed my torn clothes. I had forgotten to even think about that when I shifted; Phoenix got under my skin more than Sean ever did. Fabric smacking me in the snout had me growl and glare at the culprit. It wasn't Phoenix as he was dressed in a nice button-down, nor Lyra as she was still dressed, nor was it Pollux who seemed like he was about to fall asleep. The approaching steps to my right had me turn to see Charlie approach, a wide grin on his face.

"Alright there Nova." He laughed.

I barked a growl and shifted back quickly, not wasting any time being nude was my priority as I pulled on the dark dress. I shifted it around my body, finding comfort in its baggy summer style. Charlie winked at me when I turned back to thank him and I saw Phoenix shake his head from the side of me.

"So, what's the plan?" Charlie rubbed his hands together, eyeing us all greedily.

Lyra scanned his form, raising a well-formed eyebrow at him. "Nosey aren't we?"

He shrugged. "I wanna know what's going down. Sean has finalised the battle area, wolves have been prepping it all afternoon. Soon as that sun sets there's gonna be a battle whether you like it or not."