Cover Ups

"And after that comes Miracle Queen. And all the other messy Season 4 episodes" I said, finally completing my chart. I was using a giant whiteboard that Yin's mother had in the storage room. I told her that I needed it for a school project. I kinda feel bad for lying, but a little white lie never hurt anybody, right? 

Anyways, I had written down all the Miraculous Ladybug episodes down on it. (with a marker of course) There are a lot of akumas that I would like to prevent, such as: Volpina. As much as that girl makes my blood boil, I plan to help her become a better person. Actually, I would very much like to prevent all the akumatizations, but there are some that help the characters to grow. Besides, if Gabriel Agreste / Hawk Moth finds out that I had been squashing all of his plans, he would probably hate me more than Ladybug and Chat Noir.

I realized that, right now, the closes akuma that I need to stop is Lady Wifi. I could probably calm Alya down, or just prevent her from taking a picture of Chole's locker and convince her that there is no way that brat is Ladybug.

I also realized that, in between the show's episodes and the akumas that are briefly showcased or reported in the beginning of some episodes, there are no akuma attacks. Nino's akumatization will happen in a few days or less and so far, there had yet to be any akumas after Stormy Weather. If this is the case, then it will be like having periods, except it happens once every few days. Guess I will have to make the most of the akuma-free days. Thankfully, it will only lasts for half an hour at most. I'll also be able to prepare for up-coming villain and whether or not I need or can stop it. 

*Knock* *Knock*

Oh no, it's probably Chat Noir. It's not that I don't like the superhero visiting, but I was doing something very important. Something that has to do with my survival.

After hiding the board in my closet, I pulled away my curtains and opened the window, revealing a grinning Chat. 

I felt my chest tighten. Not because I liked him, definitely not, but because I had something to hid from him. That's it.

"Hello, Silver," greeted Chat.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. Why? I don't know. I could communicate with him just fine when he was Adrien. I reckon that it has something to do with the charm that isn't allowed to be displayed when he's Adrien. So when he's Chat Noir, everything he was holding in comes out. That sounds...weird. Let's just leave it there.

"Well, I don't think I need to tell you, since you've been visiting for the past few days, but make yourself home."

Yup that's right, the past few days. This isn't the first. At first I was very suspicious, but Chat was great company, and I enjoyed having him here. I was also worried about him abusing his miraculous's power, but Chat just said that it's allowed. I don't think plagg was part of this decision though.

"You know, I still haven't gotten my explanation," I said, giving Chat a look. He was lying on the carpet. I liked the carpet a lot because it's very fluffy. My mother-the one in the real world-forbade me from have these since she thinks they gather dust and I would very likely rolling around in it and become sick.

"For what?" 

"Why you call me Silver."

"I would tell you but might risk my secret identity," I already know, Adrien, I thought, "and Ladybug is going to go crazy if she finds out," he explained, rolling he's eyes, "She'd be able to pass a drama audition."

I giggled, "Wonder what she would say if she heard that."

"She'd become the drama's main character," was Chat's reply, making me burst out laughing. Not because the joke funny, thought it kinda was, but because of how Chat said it so matter-of-factly.

"Don't you have a crush on Ladybug? Why do you like making fun of her?"

Chat frowned. "Why do you always say that?"

"Say what?" I was genuinely confused, this was the first time I had asked him this question.

"To answer your question, I don't have a crush on Ladybug, I just I call her LB because saying Ladybug all the time is a mouthful," said Chat, ignoring my previous question. I noticed the way he answered was very defensive, does he not like Ladybug?

I decided to not ask further. Even though I don't think what I asked was too personal, if Chat avoided my words, then he's probably uncomfortable with it.

Awkward silence filled the air, something that's never happened before.

"So what were you doing just now?"

"Huh? O-oh, the thing...What thing?" I said, trying to sound as convincing as I could, don't think I was successful though.

"I saw you writing things down on a giant board."

"That? That was...Wait, were you spying on me?" I asked trying to redirect the attention.

"No! I just saw you when I was on patrol and decided to say hi!"

Lies. Tonight was Ladybug's turn. Which was also why Marinette asked me to pick her up from the bakery and tell her parents that we're working on a school project. But I can't tell him that, unfortunately. No way was I about to reveal Ladybug's identity just so I could win an argument against Chat Noir.

"Oh, then shouldn't you be scouting Paris? What are you doing wasting your time here? What if there's an akuma? Wouldn't Paris be in danger because of you?" I knew for a fact that there won't be any akumas tonight, but Chat Noir didn't. What he did know though, was that Ladybug was on patrol, but he decided to chose pride over honesty and not tell me that Ladybug was actually on patrol to continue with his previous lie and said goodbye.

********

"Come in quickly,"

Less then five minutes later, Ladybug had finished patrolling Paris.

"Tikki, spots off!"

A flurry of magical butterflies later, Marinette and Tikki were now in Ladybug's place.

"Did you see any akumas?" I knew there weren't any successful akumatizations, but maybe there were some Ladybug had manage to stop before the akuma could reach the victim.

"Thankfully, no. But I have something else I want to talk about."

"What thing?" Has she seen my board? What if she thinks I'm hawkmoth?

"Yin, was that Chat Noir I saw coming out of your window?"

Oh, that.

"Oh, ya. He's been visiting for the past few days actually. Don't know why though."

"He shouldn't be abusing his power like this!"

"Yes, I know. I've asked him about it but he said it was fine. I know it's not, but I can't exactly do anything about it can I? And why are you shouting at me? It's not like I'm Chat Noir."

Marinette sighed, "Your right, I'm sorry. I'll talk to Chat about it"

Sorry Chat. It seems I might have gotten you in trouble.

*******

Poor Chat, 🤣🤣🤣

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

Word count: 1145