-ˋ 59

CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH JAMES
GIVES IN

. . .

There was nothing James, Sirius or Remus could do about it. Not long after and the group was practising together, waiting to see if Dumbledore would turn up for their session. 

Remus had resigned to it ten or so minutes after the vote, the side of his that was sometimes so adamant and stubborn about his choices - like when he tried to stop Tiger from coming out with James, Sirius and Peter on full moons - able to settle from the loss with ease.

Sirius and James not so much. The hatred they felt for Leo was no secret; every time the topic of conversation turned to him they made that incredibly clear. And so, now that Leo was standing alongside Marlene and Lydia having a conversation about the exact wand movements of the spell they were practising, the two Gryffindor boys were watching with narrowed eyes. 

"Tigs, are you sure this a good idea?" James felt the presence of his girlfriend besides him before either of them could tuurn, and whhen they did he met Tiger's eyes almost instantly. "Who's to say that he won't try and scam us all with his death again?"

"James, there's a possibility of any one of us in this room doing that. Leo's done it once before, like you said, but.. I don't think he's in a hurry to do it again." Tiger shrugged, peering over at the group. "It's not like he came up to me and demanded he gets in, I came up with the idea straight after our last exam."

"So that explains it." Sirius chimed in. "Your brain was completely fried from having to answer questions for what - one and a half hours? - and you went crazy." 

"Call me crazy again and I swear to Merlin, Sirius, I might just kill you." Tiger's eyebrows furrowed. "If you're supposed to be my best friend and my bloody boyfriend, then why don't you just trust me? The Leo situation was sorted out. He's listened to my wishes of not wanting to talk to him and honestly I haven't seen him anywhere near me other than when we share a class."

"And just because you've suddenly decided that all of his motives are completely pure and innocent the rest of us should as well?" James rose his eyebrows, and when Tiger looked about ready to punch him in the face he knew he had gone way too far. "But if you think best..." 

"James!" Sirius hissed. "I agree with him by the way, in case you were wondering." He added afterwards, but Tiger just rolled her eyes. "We're worried, that's all. Don't want to be betrayed, do we?"

"No we don't. And I understand that. But we also don't want to be outnumbered because you two couldn't handle a small decision that I made about I person I know way better than you two. And I've known him so much longer than I've known either of you, so I'd take that into account." Both boys paused at that, frowns covering their faces as they realised it was very much true.

Tiger let out a sigh. "I'm not going to listen to you anymore if I hear another word of it. I've made my decision, and it's final. Sirius, you're my best friend. But he was as well. If either of you dare say a word about it, then I'm breaking into your dorm room as you sleep, dying your entire wardrobe bright pink and shaving all of your hair off."

"Couldn't think of a hex this time?" James's eyebrows darted up humourously, dodging as Tiger lifted her arm to punch him in the shoulder. "Fine, fine, I'm not going to say anything. I trust you.""

"Good. You should." The Howell girl nodded, looking positively overjoyed by his expression finally relaxing, giving in to what she was saying and admitting that he really did trust her outlook on Leo and the decisions she made regarding it.

"I know Dumbledore's a busy fellow... but does he have to leave us to it every Saturday?" Sirius wrinkled his noose, leaning against the pillar as Remus and Peter came to join them, back resting on stone. "Sure, it promotes independence considering we're graduating soon, but it would be nice for some guidance sometimes."

"And it's nice weather outside." Peter grumbled.

James glanced at his friends, before clearing his throat. "Guys? We just finished out exams, I think we should probably spend sometime relaxing and having fun. Dumbledore's clearly not coming."

The group chimed their agreement, instantly abandoning anything that they were doing before and collecting up their stuff and making their way towards the door. 

"Oh, and Leo?" James turned towards the boy near to the back of the group. Tiger waited for his next words with baited breath. "You can come too, if you want."