Chapter 28: Hermione

TW!! - Discussion of rape and sexual assault

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J.K. Rowling.
____________________________________

She can't stop looking at them.

It is really them.

Ron... Ginny...

Hermione quickly shakes her head to disband the tears that are making her vision blurry, afraid that with the intrusion this would all be proven just a dream.

She never thought she would see them again.

She had made her peace with that a long time ago when she was still Dolohov's and if she was being honest, she had never really gained it back since being with Malfoy and Nott.

The last 8 months felt like a divide took place in her. A kind of before and after feeling. She never thought the before and after would ever meet again in the present. Not in the way they were now as two of her best friends lay on the floor in front of her.
The tears won't stop though, and she closes her eyes and cracks her neck, trying to focus, to control her breathing, and occlude, to be strong for them. To be able to communicate clearly.

To be able to explain everything.

That is why her wand is still pointing down at unconscious bodies. That is why they are not awake yet.

I... I don't feel strong enough to explain everything.
I don't even feel like I have a grasp on everything quite yet.

Hermione feels genuine fear that makes her hate herself. She was beyond overjoyed to see them both, but their presence is already making her face things she really didn't want to. Making her confront events and situations she was too exhausted to really focus on just yet.

They would force her to though.

"Granger, do y..."

"Just, give me second!"

It comes out a lot harsher than she means. She is grateful for him, overwhelmingly grateful for him and this sacrifice he was once again making for her and their cause.

"Sorry. It's, this... it's just a lot."

Neither of the males behind her respond. She turns her attention back down to the Weasleys.

Just do it Hermione!

She waves her wand and casts the counter spell. Ginny sits up immediately and takes in a huge gulp of air, looking for her wand Hermione is sure Malfoy had already taken.

Ron let's out a painful groan and rolls over on his side, one hand holding his ribs, while the other cups himself between his legs.
Hermione just stands there holding her breath. Not knowing what to do, but wanting to do so many things all at the same time.

Ginny blinks rapidly as her eyes dart around the space, not taking anything in as she begins to panic, until they shoot past Hermione, only to freeze and then turn back to her.

The two witches just stare at each other for a long time before she sees a full smile take over Ginny's face.

"Hermione!"

At her words, a tether holding her back snaps, and she is running into the female's arms falling on the floor. They both start sobbing uncontrollably as they wrap around each other.

They are here. They are here and this is real. Ginny! Ron!

Hermione's body is shaking with every sob as Ginny squeezes her tightly.

"It's you. It really is you! Hermione! Hermione!"

Hermione buries her face into the long red strands of her hair, that she is soaking with her tears.